Part 2 - Chapter 10 - Truth Lies

Luke's POV

One Day Later

"Hey, Kīīng can you come here for a second, please?" I stopped him while he passed through the back yard, about to go inside.

"Uh, yeah. Sure, Luna." He turned around and walked back to my direction. I was sitting on the little bench, enjoying the cooling weather, trying to get things off of my mind. "Yes, Luna? What do you need me for?" He asked, looking down at me.

"Sit down, will you?" I asked, sending him a small smile. He seemed to hesitated at first but soon complied and he did as I asked, and sat down next to me on the small bench. "So, Kīīng." I started off and pause after saying his name.

"Yes, Luna?" He answered and look at me.

"When were you planning on telling me?" I asked, with a grin on my face.

"What do you mean, Luna?" He seemed to tense up a little and I couldn't help but wonder why he would be doing so.

"You know what I am talking about." I said, trying for him to tell me himself.

"N-No, Luna. I do not." He said, moving away to the edge of the bench, away from me.

"You're carrying." I said, looking directly at him.

"What?! N-" He started making me roll my eye at his attempt to lie.

"Are you not?" I asked and plain, serious expression on my face.

"Yes." He whispered inaudibly. Making me unable to hear what he had to say, I just saw his lips moving.

"I didn't quite get that. Can you please repeat yourself?" I asked, kindly.

"I said 'yes'." He said, a little louder. "Yes I am carrying?"

"So you found your mate?" I asked excitingly. "I would love to meet him." I said, obviously assuming it's a guy since he's carrying pups.

"Not rea-"

"Yes, he found his mate!" Eryk's voice boomed from the side of me, making me jump slightly. Kīīng looked at Eryk with widened eyes as if he wasn't expecting that. Something fishy is going on. If Kīīng was about to say 'not really', then Eryk said yes. I guess Kīīng did not want me to know.

"That's great! Is he a pack member? I doubt he's a pack member."

"No he's not. He's from an outside pack." Eryk answered again.

"Why are you answering for him? He can talk you know. Go inside." I said and shooed him away. He didn't go inside, but instead he went to the opposite bench, looking at Kīīng. "I'm happy for you, Kīīng. I can't wait to meet your mate. I hope it's soon." I said and continued to look at the sky.

"Soon." He said and got up, walking into the house. Eryk stood up and was about to follow him. I raised an eyebrow and stood up slowly.

"Eryk, can I talk to you for a few minutes?" I asked and walked towards him, winching slightly. He turned around and looked at me with his hands in his jean pockets.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked and he looked at me nodding slightly.

"Why didn't you come see me when I was in the hospital?" I asked and immediately regretted it. You see, Eryk and I haven't really spoken to each other since I got back from the hospital a day ago. He refused to sleep with me last night and he won't even acknowledge me or return my greetings.

"There were no reasons for me to visit someone like you." He said coldly, his arms folding.

"Someone like me?" I asked a little confused by his statement. "What do you mean by 'someone like me'?"