Outing Hidden Secrets

When you and a person are best friend for a long time, you tend to know a lot about them and is able to pick up on small things.

That was how it has always been between Victoria and I. She could always tell when something was up with me or when I wasn't in the mood and I could do the same with her.

We were able to read each other's expressions and moods so well that people would say that we were like two peas in a pod, but were totally different. I guess that is what happens when you are friends with someone for as long as we are.

Right now was one of those times I could tell that something was up. Tori was laying on my bed beside me, staring at the ceiling. I've been talking to her, but her attention was elsewhere. She was obviously distracted by something.

"Are you even hearing a word I'm saying?" I said to get her attention, but didn't get any response. I looked around at her to see that she was still spaced out. She looked to be deep in thought.

It wasn't just today too, she has been like this since yesterday at school too. She would be deep in thought and sometimes she would set like she wanted to tell me something and then at the last minute decided against it.

Now was no different. It was Saturday and she was still quiet and thoughtful. We went to a café to grab milkshakes, which she was craving and then we came to my house, where she barely said two words. Something was definitely troubling her.

I was beginning to worry. I didn't like seeing her like this, so I called her name softly and nudged her side. Snapping out of her daze, she finally turned to face me.

"Tori, what's wrong?" I asked quietly.

She looked at me for quite a while, before she sat up on the bed facing me. She grabbed one of my pillows and hugged it to her chest. I sat up as well, resting my back on the pillow behind me. This must be serious, because Tori has never hesitated to tell me anything before.

"I have to tell you something, Emily. I can't keep it to myself anymore. I feel guilty for not telling you." She said, her voice sounding nervous.

"What is it?" I asked as I felt my heart drop. I have to admit, now I was getting extremely worried.

Tori look down at her hands that she was playing with and after a few seconds, which seem longer, she look at me. "I don't know how to tell you this. I'm...um...I'm a lesbian." She finally said.

I felt like a big load has been lifted from my chest as I released a breath that I didn't know I was holding. "Tori, you scared me. I thought you were going to tell me that you are pregnant or have cancer or something." I said as relief wash over me. "Girl, I don't care who you are attracted to. That doesn't matter. You are Victoria, my best friend, and that would never change."

Tori released a breath too and smile brightly. Now, that was the Victoria I knew. "Thank you for not judging me." She said, then pulled me into a hug. I smiled and hugged her tighter.

When she sat back in her position, I slapped her on her arm. "Ouch!" She whines, rubbing her arm. "What was that for?"

"You should have known I wouldn't have a problem with that. You know me." I accused.

"You're right. I'm sorry for doubting you." She said, apologetically.

I laughed a little. "It's okay. I'm just glad you told me now."

She smiled brighter. "We good?"

A gave her a wide grin. "Always."

++++++

At the end of the day on Monday, I left the school's building and turned in the direction of home. This morning Tyler told me that his car was at a garage, so my stepmother gave me a ride to school.

Now, I didn't feel like taking the bus. I wanted to walk and enjoy the nice breeze that the day offers. It was only a twenty minutes walk anyways. I didn't bother waiting on Tyler, because he'd probably get a ride with Seth. Plus, I don't think anyone noticed me, leaving school alone.

I was only a few distance from school, when I heard someone walked up behind me. I looked around and saw that it was Tyler. "You don't need to walk with me, you know."

He came beside me. "Yes I do. It's going to look weird if you walk home alone and I leave with Seth."

"Well, I don't think anyone notice me." I said, even though I wasn't sure.

"You don't know that." He said. He was probably right, so I didn't say anything more. After a while, he surprised me by slipping his hand in mine.

I looked at him. "What are you doing?"

That annoying smirk appeared on his face. "It's called holding hands."

I glared at him. "You know what I mean. Why are you holding my hand?"

"It is what couples do." He said.

I looked behind me and saw that our school was barely visible now. "Yeah, but no one can see us."

"True, but some of them do drive here. So, we have to look loving." He replied.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. I really hated this. It was funny how Tyler knew a lot about relationships considering he never had one. He sure was full of surprises. Logan was never intimate. I can't recall a time where he ever held my hands. I used to think that public display of affection was just not his thing.

I have to be honest, Tyler's hand in my hand was a little unsettling. I couldn't help that I was aware of his touch and how tingly my hand felt in his. This shouldn't be happening. This is Tyler for goodness sake! I shouldn't be affected like this or be aware of how close he was beside me.

I had to put a stop to this. Slowly, I removed my hand from his. "I think it's okay for us to stop holding hands now." I said, trying to be casual about it.

Tyler raised his eyebrows at me and chuckled. "I know you don't like me very much, but you don't have to make it that obvious."

"Who says I don't like you?" I asked. I didn't hate him. I was a little disgusted by his lifestyle, but I didn't hate him.

"No one had to say it. It's obvious." He replied.

"Well, I have nothing against you." I said truthfully.

"It's weird. Most girls at school would be trying to get my attention, but not you." He mused. It didn't sound like it bothered him. In fact, it seems as though he found it intriguing.

"That's because I'm not like the girls you are used to hanging out with." I said simply.

"That's true. That I noticed." He agreed.

"Is it a bad thing?" I asked.

"No." He said, grinning at me mischievously. "It just means that you are fun to tease, because you are easily annoyed." He leaned towards me and pinched my cheek as he said that.

I swatted his hand away and glared at him. "Tyler, don't do that." I warned.

"See?" He joked, laughing at my expression.

I rolled my eyes. "You are so immature."

He looked at me and winked. "You know you love it." He teased.

"I do not!" I expressed and Tyler howled with laughter. Shaking my head at him, I couldn't help but conceal a smile.

Even though he was a moron, I have to admit, I was glad for Tyler's company to walk home.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
AN: I hope you like this chapter!

Please vote if you like and let me in on your thoughts! ;)

Have a wonderful day/night! ❤

Alecia