"I Want You Back"

Victoria and I rarely argued.

I could only count three times in our friendship where we argued. Those times, it was only mere disagreements and we always hug and make up soon after. We never argued for long. Our friendship was too close and strong for that.

Now, was one of those times and even though it was another disagreement, it was the first I've seen her like this. I've never seen Victoria so angry and full of hatred before.

"Are you out of your mind?" She was asking, shaking her head vigorously. "Did you forget what he did to you?"

"Tori, it's not a big deal. I'm just going to hear what he has to say and leave." I said, trying to calm her down.

As soon as lunch came around, I told Victoria about meeting Logan after school. She was not happy about that. So, she was trying to convince me that I shouldn't see him.

"I still think it's a bad idea. You cannot go and see him." Tori insisted. "He hurt you without thinking about it, Emily. A guy like that don't deserve a chance to explain himself in my book."

"There's no way I'm giving him a second chance. I'm going to listen to him and that's it. I promise." I said, hoping she would understand. "I just want him to leave me alone."

Tori snorted, still shaking her head. "I can't believe you're thinking about it?" Her eyes suddenly went wide. "Oh my God! He's getting into your head again!"

I scowled. "No, he's not." I said, my voice rising a little to match hers. "I just don't get why I can't meet him without it meaning anything."

"Because I know him. He's a manipulative douche bag!"

"I won't let him get to me. I know I won't." I said, my voice getting quiet.

Tori looked at me for a while, before sighing. "You're right, I know you won't. I just hate him for what he did to you. I don't want him to hurt you again."

"He won't hurt me again, because I won't give him a chance to." I replied.

"Fine, but can I at least come with you?" She asked. "I don't trust him."

"Thanks, but I need to do this on my own."

"Okay, but if he tries anything funny, don't be surprised when his body turn up in the lake." She warns.

I couldn't help but burst out laughing. "I won't." I said, touched by how much I could depend on Tori for anything. She is always there for me, just as I'm always there for her.

"Good." She said, finally taking up her apple juice and taking a sip. "Where's Tyler? Normally, he would join our table."

"He said he'll be skipping lunch today. He's probably somewhere creating trouble with Seth." I wrinkled my nose in disgust. "I told him he needs to stop doing that."

Tori's lips stretched into a wide smile. "You two are a cute couple." She said out of nowhere.

I gave her a wry look. "We are only fake dating, remember?" I reminded her.

"I know, but it would be cool if you guys were actually dating. You both look cute together."

I rolled my eyes. "We are not. Besides, I'm so done with players. I can't stand guys who can't stick to one girl."

Tori grinned. "And you don't want to be burnt twice." She surmised.

"Not at all." I said, then turned my attention to the fries on my plate.

++++++

At the end of school, I head to the back of the school where the football field was.

The football field at Preston High was huge. It was the field for football, soccer, field hockey and rugby. Half of it was taken up by bleachers. Adjacent the bleachers, a few trees were on the side with a few benches under it. Students would sit under the tree before and after school to hang out. In some cases, couples are often under the tree making out; wanting somewhere private.

I scan the area looking for Logan and I saw him sitting on one of the benches under the tree. He was staring in front of him, watching as the cheerleaders practice. I made my way over to him. I may have talked a good game about hearing what he had to say, but I was still hesitant to meet him. I mean, he did cheat on me and I was still angry.

As soon as I reached him, he turned to face me and patted the seat beside him. I stood where I was and cross my arms. "Just say what you have to say, Logan. I have to get home."

Logan sighed and stood. "I miss you." He said.

I gave him an incredulous look. "That's it? Seriously, that's what you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Babe, don't be like that." He stepped closer to me and I took a step back.

"Don't 'babe' me." I said annoyed. "I'm not your babe."

"Just please give me another chance. I want you back." He begged

"I can't do that. You hurt me, Logan and I don't think I'll be able to trust you again." I sighed.

He stared at me for a while and then said suddenly. "I know you miss me too."

I hesitated at what he said, then sighed again. "Of course I miss you. We dated for a year. You don't expect that to go away so easily."

"Then give me another chance, Emily. We both will be happy." He persisted.

"It's not that easy." I replied, then added. "I'm sorry Logan, but I can't be your girlfriend again. I just can't. Besides, I'm dating Tyler."

"I don't understand what you see in that guy." He said, his tone hard.

I felt my temper rising. "More than what I saw in you!"

Logan crosses his arms. "What makes you think he won't cheat on you?"

"Because he's not you. Tyler is committed to me." I said with as much conviction as I could muster.

"Do you really believe that?"

"Yes!"

Logan sighed again. "Look, I really messed up. I don't know what I was thinking. Let's put it behind us and be a couple again."

"No, Logan, I'm not going to do that." I said adamantly. "And there's nothing that you can say or do to change my mind!"

Before he could say anything else, I turned and walked away from him. He had the nerve to ask for me back! How stupid did he think I was?

I didn't get far, when I heard him shout. "Just watch, I will get you back, Emily! It's only a matter of time!"

He's so obnoxious!

I stopped walking and face him again. "Don't hold your breath!" I shouted back, before turning and walked away from him for good.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
AN: Hii my precious munchkins!

Here's a next chapter because you've all been so good to me. You don't know how grateful I am for your reads and votes. (Even the silent readers 😘) ILYSM ❤❤

This chapter is dedicated to @oldsoul_millennial ❤ Thanks girl! I really appreciate your reads and support!! 😘

Please leave your votes and comments. They truly makes my day! ;) xD

Stay beautiful my amazing readers!! ❤

Alecia