The Truth Is Revealed

The following Monday morning, I went downstairs to see my father in the dining room, drinking coffee with the newspaper in his hands.

"Good morning, Dad." I greeted him as I head in the kitchen.

Dad removed the newspaper from his face. "Good morning, sweetheart."

I continued towards the kitchen. When I entered, Sarah was at the stove. "Good morning." I said as I walked over to the fridge and poured myself a glass of orange juice.

"Good morning, dear." Sarah said. I walked over to the breakfast bar and sat on a stool. "Do you want a ride to school?" She asked, placing a plate of eggs and toast in front of me.

"No, I'm going with Tyler." I said.

Sarah lifted her eyebrows at me and smiled knowingly. "Oh, your boyfriend." She stated.

I haven't told Dad or Sarah about Tyler being my boyfriend, because I didn't want to lie to them. I don't know about Tyler, but I couldn't deceive my parent like that. However, I know they knew because Sarah has become such good friends with Tyler's Mom and Rachel must have mentioned us.

Even though, I don't want to lie, telling the truth now would ruin our whole plan. I returned Sarah's smile and nodded my head in confirmation.

"He seems like such a nice boy." Sarah acknowledged.

"A nice boy that I haven't met yet." Dad said as he came into the kitchen.

Sarah wiped her hands in a towel and shoot Dad a look. "Oh, come on Peter, he looks genuine enough."

"Yeah, but I'd still like to meet him. I still remember what Logan did." Dad reminded.

I turned to face my father and gave him a reassuring smile. "Thanks Dad, but you don't have anything to worry about. I'll be fine." I said with conviction. Considering that Tyler and I were only faking, I knew without a doubt that I won't get hurt.

"Well, that's good, but I still want to meet him. You can invite him over for dinner one of these days." Dad said seriously, leaving no room for argument.

"Okay Dad, I will." I agreed. Just then a car horn sounded outside.

I got up from the stool I was sitting on and went to put my plate in the sink. "That's Tyler. I've got to go." I took up my bag from the stool that I put it on and dashed from the kitchen. "Bye Dad, bye Sarah! See you later!" I left the house and went outside and into Tyler's car.

Tyler was once again playing a dumb rap song. I leaned over instantly and turned the knob to something that wasn't making my ears bleed. Tyler looked over at me and glared. I stuck my tongue out at him in return. He didn't say or do anything though. He was so used to me changing his station that it has become a norm with us.

"Oh by the way, my dad wants you to come over for dinner one day." I told Tyler, before I forget.

"Okay great." Tyler said, unaffected.

I gave him a serious look. "Please be on your best behaviour. I don't want you to embarrass me." I warned.

Tyler placed a hand over his chest in mock hurt. "Me? Why would I embarrass you? Not to worry, I'm a good boy."

I rolled my eyes at his act of innocence. This was Tyler here; he won't give up a chance to humiliate me in front of my family. "I'm serious Tyler."

"I'm serious too. Cross my heart." He replied, but that mischievous grin never left his lips. I gave him a look that says I wasn't convinced. "Come on Emily, you've got nothing to worry about."

I nodded my head, but I was still not convinced. However, I decided to let it go. I focus my attention to the song that was now playing on the radio. It was "I Know What You Did Last Summer" by Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello. It was one of my favourite songs and I started to move my lips to the words. Next thing I knew, I was singing aloud to the song.

I looked over at Tyler in surprise when he joined me when Shawn Mendes started to sing. I was surprised that he was into these songs because all I've ever heard him listen to was hard rap or heavy instrumental music.

We continued to sing the song together until the song ended. I have to admit, it was fun singing the song with Tyler. I looked over at him again and he looked back at me for a second before he turned his attention back to the road. As soon as he turned back around, we both started laughing.

Yes, that was fun indeed.

++++++

"You're looking great today." I heard a voice say behind me while I was at my locker at the end of the school day. I didn't have to turn around to see who it was. I took a deep sigh to calm my irritation.

"What do you want, Logan?" I asked in an annoyed tone. My back was still to him as I took my books from my locker.

"There's only one thing I want and that's you." He replied.

"We've already been through this and honestly, I'm not in the mood right now." I replied as I closed my locker.

"I don't understand why you won't forgive me? It was one mistake." He stressed, sounding frustrated.

I felt the anger boiling up in me and I spun around to face him. "You don't know why I won't forgive you?!" I shouted exasperatedly. "Let me remind you, if you forget; you cheated on me. Not for a day, but for flipping three months! Are you trying to tell me that during those months, you didn't think of me once? You didn't think how I would feel by your actions? No, you went ahead and did it continuous as if my feelings didn't matter. As if you didn't care about me at all." I lamented, voicing thoughts that I had since the whole debacle.

"That's not true." Logan said. "I do care, but I have needs and I didn't think."

"Unbelievable!" I threw my hand up in the air in disbelief. So now he was trying to tell me that I was boring and was not fulfilling his sexual needs? 

"Is there a problem here?" I heard Tyler asked as he walked up to us.

"This is none of your business." Logan responded in an icy tone.

"If it concerns my girl, it damn well is my business." Tyler responded in the same tone.

"She is not your girl, so stop saying that." Logan replied, through gritted teeth.

"I'm only going to tell you one thing and one thing only." Tyler said, his tone still hard. "I don't want to see you around my girl anymore. She has moved on with me and you better accept it."

Logan looked Tyler up and down with distain. "Not for long. She'll soon get over whatever it is that she has for you."

I cut back into the conversation because this was going on for far too long. "Get over yourself, Logan." I then took Tyler's hand. "Come on, Tyler." I added as we walk away from Logan, who was seething with anger as he watched us go.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
AN: Hi amigos!!

I hope you liked this chapter. Please remember to vote if you like it! ❤

Stay beautiful!! 😘

Alecia