The Halloween Party

"So you're telling me that Logan was cheating on you because you weren't having sex with him?" Tori asked in a disgusted tone of voice.

It was the following day and I was relaying the events that took place after school yesterday to Tori. She wasn't there when it happened or after as she had left school right after her final class because she had to get something done for her mom.

Now, we were currently hanging out in the parking lot, waiting for the first bell to ring. "Yes." I said, shaking my head still in disbelief.

Tori made up her face in anger. "That pig!" She went on adding some other selective words for Logan in Spanish that I didn't understand.

"You got that right." I agreed then sighed heavily. "I can't believe I dated him. What did I ever see in him? I was so blind." I added grudgingly.

Tori gave me a cheerful smile. "Don't beat yourself up. He was the one using and manipulating you."

I nodded. "I know."

The bell rang for school to begin and Tori took up her bag and stood up. "Come on, let's get to class."

++++++

On the evening of the Halloween party, I walk over to Tyler's house and knocked on the door and waited for him to open the door. Since we were supposed to be a couple, naturally, it would make sense to go to the costume party together.

When Tyler opened the door, he stopped and looked at me from head to toe. "Wow. Who would have thought that you'd go for the sexy look."

I rolled my eyes. "I have to look the part you know."

Tyler and I had decided to couple our Halloween costume. He was going as Batman and I was Catwoman. It was my idea and surprisingly, he went along with it. I went all out with my costume by dressing in skin tight black leather suit and black high heels. It's completed with cats ears and eye mask. I even drew on whiskers for added effect.

I look at him too and grin at how he looked in a batman costume. I would never admit it to him, but he looks good. Tyler lifted his eyebrows in question. "What is it?"

"Oh nothing." I took his hand and pulled him through the door. "Come on Bruce Wayne. We have a party to get to."

Jason Forrester's house was huge and it was for the best too because almost the entire school's population showed up. I looked around me and everyone was dressed in a costume. Some scary, some of them characters from movies and others random outfits put together to create a costume.

I looked around the room and I spotted Victoria. My lips pulled into a smile when I saw that she went with the sexy fire woman's costume. Tyler and I walked over to her.

"I see you chose to be a fire woman." I replied.

Tori grinned. "Yeah. I saw this outfit and I knew it was the one." Her eyes then focus on me and then on Tyler. She then looked back to me. "You guys look cute. Batman and Catwoman. You both are smashing. By the way, we have to take some pictures later."

"Sounds good." I nodded.

Tori looked over at Tyler again. "Hey Tyler where's your partner in crime?"

"Never fear because Zorro is here." Seth said as he walk up to us and true to his words he was dressed like Zorro.

"Zorro." I said as I looked at Seth. "To be honest, it suits you."

Seth struck a Zorro pose and said in a deep Spanish accent. "I know. Now, if you don't mind, Zorro must be off to flirt with the ladies."

We all laughed as Seth walked away swishing his cape behind him. As I watched Seth go, my eyes caught Logan as he just entered the house. He was dressed as a pirate. Of course he'd be here. Logan was never one to turn down a party.

"Look who's here." I heard Tori say as she spotted him too.

I turned away from Logan's direction and faced Tori. "I don't care about him. I came here to have a good time and that I shall do." I take Tyler's hand. "Come on Tyler. Let's dance."

"You don't have to tell me twice." Tyler said and winked at me.

++++++

Three hours later, I was sitting on a couch in the living room with Tori and a can of diet coke in my hand. I wanted to leave now, but I was waiting on Tyler who was over the pool table area with Seth watching the pool game. He told me that he would leave as soon as the game was finished.

Suddenly, Logan came into my line of sight. I watched as he walked across the room to his friends. Looking at him now, he seems different somehow. Like a stranger. It was hard to believe that it was just a few weeks ago we were a couple. I can't really see it because of what I now know.

Back when we dated, he was kind and caring. Well, at least I thought he was. Now that I know who he really is, it's like I'm seeing him for the first time with fresh eyes. I turned my eyes away from him as he walked over to the bar area. I focused my attention back to the area where Tyler and Seth were and saw them walking towards us.

"It's about time you guys are ready." I said as they both stood in front of us.

"Hey that game was intense. We had to see it through." Seth said defensively.

I stood up from the couch and turned to Tori. "Come on, Tori. We're leaving now."

"I'm going to stay here for a while. You guys can go ahead." Tori said.

"Are you sure? What are you going to do about a ride?" I asked.

Tori nodded her head. "I'll be fine. I'll get a ride with Sean and Stephanie." Sean and Stephanie were two of Tori's classmates in one of her classes. They were pretty cool people.

"Okay sounds good. Have fun. I'll see you tomorrow for our horror movie marathon." I said.

"See you tomorrow." Tori called after us as we walked to the front door.

When we got outside, Seth walked over to his car and Tyler and I walked over to his.

Twenty minutes later, we got to our house. Tyler parked his car in his driveway and we both got out of the car.

"We can sit out here for a while. It's still quite early." Tyler suggested. I looked at him hesitantly. "Come on, I know you want to."

I sighed in defeat. "Okay fine. Just for a few minutes and only because the air feels good."

Tyler grinned teasingly. "I know you couldn't resist me." He said as he sat down on his doorstep.

I rolled my eyes at his banter. "Shut up." I replied as I walked over and sat beside him. He just laughed at my response.

We didn't say anything else after that. We just sat there in silence enjoying the cool night air.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
AN: Hi guys!

I hope you are all doing well amidst this Corona Virus outbreak. You're all in my prayers and in the meantime please continue to take the necessary precautions. 👍👍

Thanks for sticking with this story. I hope you liked this chapter! I know it was long awaited and I apologize for the long wait 😔

Please vote if you liked it!!

Stay safe!

Alecia