8. Too Much Pain ✔

Week 1 / Friday /25 days left

Alana's POV

We're going back to school finally. After that awkward encounter with Chance, I don't know if I'm going to be speaking to him. So basically I'm on my own. I'm sure Leo doesn't want to be seen with me.

He drops us off at school and immediately I walk towards my first class. I have nothing else to do so I read from my favorite author.

Cr4vinz on Wattpad.

(A/N: Cr4vinz? Never heard of her, must be an awesome write tho *wink wink*)

I love mostly all her books but there's this one book called "Losing Her." And I can't help but want to throw my phone at the wall every time there's a chapter with Tray in it.

"Alana?" Crap, what does he want now.

"Yes Leo?"

"What're you doing in here this early, come out with me."

My mouth falls open at his offer and I nearly give my all to him right there.

Funny, notice the sarcasm.

 No.

Smiling I kindly decline and get back to reading. Fia and Ivan are so cute together.

"Why?" He asks and I ignore him

He'll just leave once I ignore him.

At least that's what I thought..

In one swift motion my phone was taken out of my hand.

"Hey!"

"I asked you a question." He nearly growls and I narrow my eyes. I watch as he cowers back and I nearly smile with satisfactory.

"Listen... Leo. I admire your efforts I really do but, I don't fit into your crowd, I really don't so I would appreciate it if you gave me back my phone."

"Y' know, you were never this feisty when I saw you in the hallways."

"You said you never noticed me."

"I lied." He shrugs and I grab his collar bringing his face closer to mine.

"Listen lover boy. I just want some peace and quiet okay? If I wanted to be around girls dressed in too tight clothes and racist friends I would just sit in the hallway wearing a shirt that says "Bully me!" Now leave me alone." I shove him backwards hard, grabbing my phone as it slips out of his hand.

His eyes were livid and I tried my best to keep my face stoic.

He angrily stomped out, slamming the door hard.

I huff stubbornly and continued about my reading.

--------

It was lunch time and everyone seemed to be happily talking to their friends, where as I was all alone sitting in the middle of the cafeteria. I block everyone out with my headphones and listen to Zoe Grace.

I was in the middle of a concert in my head when a whole group of males surrounded me. I looked at their evil smirks and immediately feel the fear settle in.

 So you can stand up to Leo but you can't stand up to them?

That's different! I know Leo won't hurt me and there's five of them!

I place my fork down and turn my volume higher, ignoring them as I guess harsh words tumbled out of their mouths.

Smack!

My face turns to a side at impact and one of my ear buds fall out.

"Listen little girl, when I'm talking you show me respect." I assume the leader speaks up and I don't look at him, I keep my gaze solely on the yellow table in front of me.

I find myself smiling at the beautiful color.

Stupid me right?

Yellow was my favorite color.

How comes I haven't noticed the table until n-

"What're you smiling at?" Another one asks and I gasp in surprise as he grips my arm and twists it. The other ear bud falls out and I'm left with the silence of the cafeteria. I could tell Leo wasn't there and I felt my fear only rising.

"I-I-I"

"I-I-I. We have an illiterate one here boys." The leader grins and I feel the tears prick slowly.

"Aww. She's crying." 

Smack.

My hand still twisted, I cry out in pain as everyone stands and watch, trying to get a peak of the coloured girl being tortured.

Tears fall and I gasp for air as one decides to clasp their huge hands around my neck. My arm is released however and I claw at his arms.

Why isn't anyone helping me?

Oh shush. It's not like it's the first time, you should be used to it.

I was about to lose consciousness when he removed his hold and I started heaving for oxygen. I thought it was over.

Silly me.

A fist connects with my face so hard that I end up falling off the table seat and hitting my head on the floor. I don't black out, only feel the pumping pain at the back of my head. One of them stomp on the headphones and I frown slightly.

My face felt like it was vibrating with pain and I could feel the headache kicking in as I started sobbing.

I know, I know.

"Pathetic." They said reading my thoughts and I curled into a ball. Crying hard as the stomp away.

--------

Walking home since Leo was no where to be found, and his car just suddenly disappeared, I could still feel they're hands on my neck.

Thankfully they didn't say any brutal words that I could hear. At least not today. Tears we're still leaking, just not as much as I limped down the road. A long way to go.

And as if the universe just decided that what I had just gone through wasn't enough, rain starts pouring.

And I mean pouring.

Removing the hair from my face as I neared a bench, I sat down, just staring into no where as my throat felt puffy.

Suddenly gasping for air again, this time, I ended up blacking out.