Chap. 3

I woke up to the sunlight streaming through my window.

And with a pounding headache.

I have no memory of coming home last night, but my headache was too awful for me to try to figure it out.

I lied in bed for a few more minutes before venturing out into the hallway and then into the kitchen and living room.

The apartment was empty.

What was going on?

I pulled the orange juice out of the refrigerator and poured myself some, sipping on it as I went over to the other cabinets. I began to open them, still unsure of where everything was. But I was in some desperate need of Tylenol to kill this headache.

As I finally found the medicine cabinet, the door clicked open, and Parker came in, shirtless and an armband strapped around his arm.

"Where's Emmett?" I called out to him.

He didn't even spare me a glance, heading back to his bedroom.

Asshole.

I began to leaf through the medicine cabinet, searching for Tylenol.

I couldn't help but notice the increased amount of prescriptions on Emmett's name.

"What're you doing?" a voice behind me asked.

I turned to see Parker, still shirtless but now considerably less sweaty.

"Looking for Tylenol," I huffed.

"You won't find it in there."

"This is the medicine cabinet!"

He rolled his eyes, opening the refrigerator and pulling out the orange juice. "That's pretty much all Emmett's."

I stared into the cabinet. "You're joking."

He unscrewed the top off the orange juice carton and went to drink.

"Stop!" I screeched.

He dropped the carton on the floor in surprise, spilling orange juice everywhere.

"What the hell was that?" Parker demanded, clearly pissed off.

"You were going to drink from the carton," I pointed out, as he picked the now half-empty carton up off the floor.

"Yeah," he agreed, pressing the carton to his mouth and taking a swig before screwing the top back on.

I felt like I was going to puke.

A smirk spread across Parker's face. "You drank out of this?"

"You're a disgusting animal."

"Now is that anyway to talk to the only person in this apartment who knows where the Tylenol is?"

And now I was officially pissed off.

I tackled him to the ground, catching him by surprise and laying him flat out in a mess of orange juice.

"Where is it?" I asked, straddling his stomach.

"Now Emily," he said, with a half-smile. "If you wanted me, all you had to was-"

"What the hell is going on?" a third voice demanded.

Parker's smile widened and my heart sank.

I turned to see Emmett standing there, his running armband still strapped around his arm. And he was not happy.

"Parker won't tell me where the Tylenol is," I complained.

Emmett continued to stare at the two of us, so I used that time to stand up, folding my arms across my chest.