XXII

Everywhere was black, there was no light to lead me anywhere.

Sounds just like my life.

I opened my eyes slowly then closed it shut instantly, the beams of light blinding me.

I was in our living room.

Opening my eyes again, I managed to move my head a bit and found Styles patting a red-faced crying Zoella. Everything was going so slowly. Everything was so bright.

What's happening to me?

I closed my eyes again.

"Josephine," his warm voice called out for me.

I forced my eyes open. He must have inched closer to my face because his face was just about in front of mine. I finally snapped to my senses and jolted upwards, taking deep breaths, as my hand went up to the necklace around my neck. Zoella let out a small squeal and jumped into my lap, hugging me.

Wrapping my arms around her tiny body, I urged myself to let out something.

"What happened?" I asked him. My voice came out so weak making me flinch.

"You fainted," he said, still sitting by his place on the floor. "Are you okay?" he asked.

I looked at him. His eyebrows were furrowed and he had his lip in between his teeth.

"Do you want water?"

I didn't say anything back and held Zoella closer, rubbing her back soothingly.

"I-I thought you were going to leave me alone and fly up, j-just like mommy, daddy and Adam did." she sobbed, gasping for air every now and then.

My chest tightened and I took a quick glance at Harry, who was looking at Zoe with such softened features that I almost didn't know him. I raised Zoe's face so she was looking at me and pulled my sleeve to wipe away her tears.

"I will never leave you alone," I whispered. "Never." I leaned down to kiss her forehead.

"Stop crying." she returned her face to my chest, clenching into my sweater.

"I will get you water," I heard him murmur before getting up and heading to the kitchen.

I tried to readjust myself on the couch because the position I was in made my hip ache, and the gun that was tucked in my pants wasn't making the position any more comfortable. Rummaging in the kitchen was heard. I huffed and threw my head back.

Harry got back with two cups of water seconds later, handing me one then leaned down to give Zoella the other. She shook her head and pushed the glass away.

"Zoe, drink."

"Can you hand me a tissue?" I asked. He nodded and got me one. "Monkey, show me your face." she obliged. Folding the tissue paper, I wiped her nose.

"C'mon, drink." this time she raised the cup to her lips and drank. I did the same and let the cold substance flow into my dry mouth. Taking Zoella's cup after she was done drinking, I placed both cups on the table nearby.

"Have you been eating?" he asked.

I looked at him wearily, my stomach growling at the mention of food. When was actually the last time I ate something?

"Did you go to a doctor to check your hip?" he continued.

"Why are you bothering with all of this?" I asked, carrying Zoe and getting off the couch. The second my feet touched the floor my vision blurred, making me stumble and close my eyes.