Together Atlast: Chapter 2

McKenzie's POV

"I'm telling you Kenz. That bitch can rip that bears head of within seconds"

"No it can't!"

Jake was driving Kriss and I to college since Kyle was at work and couldn't drive me. It was only day two of the next four years of our lives. At this moment, me and my best friend are arguing about who would win a fight. A bear or a lion. I said a bear like a reasonable person and he said a lion for some dumb ass reason.

Kriss insisted on sitting in the back so he wouldn't have to be apart of our 'very unnecessary' argument as he called it. I don't know why when this is clearly valuable information he could be learning right now. Instead, he just sits slumped in the back, rolling his eyes uncountable times.

"Yes. It. Can!"

"A bear is freaking taller then a lion for fucks sake. How in the hell is the shorter animal supposed to win!?"

End of POV

Kriss's POV

Oh. My. God.

I can't believe I'm sitting here listening to this conversation. We're in college, what are they doing arguing about stuff like this!?

"Just because an animal is shorter does not mean anything Kenzie!"

I bang my head repeatedly on the back of the seat. Oh well, I guess I signed up for this as soon as the word 'yes' came out my mouth when he asked me to be his boyfriend.

~flash back

It was a Monday afternoon and Jake was just moping around his house complaining how much he missed his best friend and wanted her back. It was cute the first couple hours and now it's just getting plain annoying. We were supposed to be over his house doing fun things. Moping not included.

I was in the kitchen looking for something to eat since his mom, the one who's normally nice enough to fix us snacks, was at work. Along with his step dad.

"Jake she'll be back soon. Stop acting like a baby"

"Sorry"

He says with a grumble. I walk out the kitchen and sit next to him on the blue colored cushioned couch.

"She'll be back soon, ok?"

"Fine"

He says dragging the N as I smile happily because I wouldn't have to deal with a moody friend anymore.

"Yay!"

Throwing my hands in the air, I quickly put them back down after realizing how loud I was. He just shakes his head and laughs.

"Well, at least I have you"

"What am I, your second back up choice or something?"

I say sarcastically. I was never the type to talk to anyone but I guess I just became comfortable around him over time.

"Please Krissy, I didn't mean it. Forgive me!"

He says in a fairly over dramatic tone, throwing a hand on his forehead. I reply just as dramatic, trying to ignore the heat creeping up my cheeks at the mention of that name.

"I don't know if I can Jakey. You broke my heart!"

I say his nick name back to add more affect. He stops for a second before smirking, getting off the couch in the process. Uh oh.

"Um Jake?"

Bending down, he gives me a quick kiss on my cheek before standing back up to his original position.