20

...

two weeks later and jimin found himself smiling along with his teammates after they won another game.

"good job, jimin," jungshin patted his back in congratulations.

coach blew his whistle and motioned for jimin to come over there to talk. he ran up to the leader and wiped his face with his towel.

"yes, coach?" he panted, still tired from the game.

"are you alright? even if you scored the final winning point you seemed a little off. and you look like you've lost and awful lot of weight, jimin," the coach said, putting a hand onto his shoulder.

"uh, i've been eating fine, coach," he nods.

"then why do you look so weak?"

jimin looked down and let his conscience take over him. he blinked away the coming tears.

"fatass"

"wow he's fat. he shouldn't of eaten those three fruit cups."

"lose some weight maybe."

"i've just been working out more often and more harder," he looked up and smiled.

the coach made a face. "you were a muscular boy before. you didn't need to lose anything. you should gain more weight," he says.

jimin gulped. "right. alright, i'll eat out tonight."

"perfect—oh! jungkook!"

jimin's eyes widened. he turned around to see jungkook walking towards them. he had a look of disappointment but anger added to it.

"you haven't been at practices or games. care to explain?" coach said, crossing his arms.

jungkook looked at a frightened jimin before dropping his jersey onto the ground. "i quit."

"what?" jimin said, shocked.

"i said, i quit the team." he kicked dirt onto his jersey. the coach furrowed his brows as he became angry himself.

"and why's that?" he raised his voice and the boy winced.

his eyes darted at jimin once more. "just not feeling it anymore."

jimin gulped. jungkook turned and went to leave but jimin ran up to him an placed a hand into his shoulder, tugging him to look at him.

"jungkook, why?" he asks.

the younger pushed jimin away. "get away from me, freak. you're pathetic, ugly, and a thief. stay away you monster."

jimin's eyes twitched with upcoming tears. "you're seriously going to tell me this shit just because i turned you down? do you think this would get me to love you back? you're wrong, jeon jungkook. i hate you."

"do you really? wow i'm so proud! so proud that i really don't give a shit less. you have no friends now. go crawl back to my step brother. you still believe he likes you?" jungkook laughed. "you're stupid if you believe his words." he pulled jimin closer to him. "your time is almost up."

...

jimin sniffled as he was walking home. he heaved his bag back onto his shoulder. it was cold but it was alright considering it fit with today. everyone had forgotten about his birthday that placed on today.

even though weeks have gone by and he rarely saw his father, he felt disappointed. not even his mother spared a glance to him.

yoongi didn't call, the three new boys he met never texted either.

he shrugged. "guess i'm really not that important like tae says."

he walked up to the steps if his home. when he opened the door, the lights were strangely off. he flicked the light on to be greeted by five people.

"happy birthday!" they cheered.

-
isn't it sad?
nepenthe is ending soon