C H A P T E R 5

You can imagine how our daily routine works now, hospital then home, hospital then home, a cycle of living that we chose. The hospital was getting less patients which meant less challenges. Haven't I told you before, the easier the life, the less challenges and fun you face.

A lot have assumed that because of summer vacation that is why there are less patients. Which does not make any sense... patients are everywhere! Honestly, my reason is because nobody elder wants a Muslim Doctor that too there misunderstanding is that all Muslims are brown skinned colour, which drives me crazy. However, the girls and I did not care any more about the hospital.

Especially because – Well, remember our admission to PB's hospital! And the email that said June 31st is when we start, today is the day.

My brother thankfully got a new job, see hope and prayers work. Leave it up to god, and you are set on the right path.

"Oh my god, I can't believe we are going, Subhanallah" Maryam exclaimed. We were at our lockers clearing our things. Interns had scanned us several times very confused. We decided the best thing to do is clean first, and then meet with our attending, and chief to say our good byes, and the best of "luck" for this hospital. The luck is really for this hospital to get a life.

It didn't take too long, I guess people didn't care much – but boy our chief was dreaded down from leave. It was said that this hospital kept on losing the great doctors. No not just Muslims, but other cultures aside of white. It's not just us "Brown" people who have a lot on our plates, its blacks, Asians, and Mexicans... what not. Not to sound all crappy, but really white is probably the most freed and ungrateful culture I've ever seen. Which is in my opinion to what I saw, but as you can see I am not aware of them a lot... so not going to judge, because white people are good too.

What can I say? Every culture has there good and bad. Remember culture not religion.

Time flew by in mili-seconds, on approaching PB's Hospital. The hospital stood out in its surrounding, speaking out the best for it. No wonder, the traffic towards the hospital was packed.

"Oh Allah, let us enter in peace" Maryam wined, sitting beside Zayna the driver.

"Exactly!" Zayna yelled, honking the cars in front of her.

"You know what?" I got up opening the door, "Imma make that person move!" Before I could let my friends do that absolute right thing, my mind went on its own. I made my way to a red car, and knocked on the passenger side.

"Yea - "

"Can't you move? You have space, there are doctors who need to get into the hospital! Now hurry up!" I reckoned towards the young man who stared at me, oddly peacefully.

"Ma'am" He called out before I could leave.

My eyebrows shot at him calling me ma'am I was furious, assuming he knew my name at the time. "There are cars in front of me too"

I gulped down nervously, realizing it was stupid to say that because yes! There were cars right in front of him, and my blind brain decided not to acknowledge that. I was too awkward out to utter a word, instead I stormed back into the car.

"Aiyla, you know there –

"I know" I sighed cutting of Hana. The truth is when I get annoyed at times I'm very weird. I'm not so cautious about the other party, and decide to blabber nonsense out. That is one of my most embarrassing flaws that I try to avoid. Especially when dealing with haters, I've got good at it – well, kind of.

At last, the car in front of us moved.

We managed to find a parking lot in our staff area, getting out the quick cold breeze went over us. It was cold, in July, how real? But the clouds hovers over the sun, gloomy day had begun – almost as if it was going to rain, though it did not dare shed a tear.