Chapter Thirty-Three

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Milo was quite pleased with a number of gifts and cards he was receiving throughout the day, confused but pleased. It was nice to hold so many birthday cards as the number was usually so low and the number of gifts seemed to be the truly puzzling part. Throughout the day, whether he was walking in the corridor or actually in class, one of the little winged-dwarfs would come in and bring him a gift, all of them from his secret admirer, leaving him overwhelmed. He couldn't imagine how much money was spent on all the little trinkets and as much as he wanted to thank the person and assure them that one gift was enough, he was unable to do so. No one came forward to claim that they were the secret admirer.

Even Harry had one, one that wrote him a very lovely tune that the delivering dwarf sang after cornering Harry in the corridor. 

His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad,

His hair is as dark as a blackboard.

I wish he was mine, he's really divine,

The hero who conquered the Dark Lord.

It seemed the Potter boys were destined to be quite popular that day as everyone seemed to be curious as to who the secret admirer was, including Heidi, Max, and Katie. Throughout the day whenever Milo received a new gift one of the girls was around, looking incredibly puzzled. Milo was just trying to focus on Professor Kettleburn's lesson when another dwarf came in carrying a paper heart for Milo.

At that point, Milo was cringing, he didn't want any more gifts, in fact, he was still trying to figure out how he was supposed to get the massive pile back to the Common Room and dorms? At first, it was flattering, now it was just becoming incredibly creepy. At first, he thought maybe it was the Weasley twins playing a prank on him, but when he brought it up to the boys, they cursed themselves for not coming up with the idea.

He thought it was Max, Heidi, and Katie but they swore it wasn't them either, leaving Milo running out of ideas of who it would be. It definitely was a secret admirer and they probably planned on keeping it that way. If anything, Milo wished it was Cedric in the beginning, hoping that the boy was reconsidering his thoughts and wanting to send something to Milo. But that didn't seem to be the case at all, Cedric didn't even wish Milo a happy birthday when they passed each other in the corridors. 

Needless to say, Milo didn't think Cedric was going to be the secret admirer that Valentine's Day or any other day for that matter. When the class let out, Milo decided to let his classmates just dig into the sweets because he honestly didn't plan on eating all of it by himself, unless he wanted to go to Madam Pomfrey and get his stomach pumped for a sugar overdose. He grabbed a few of the trinkets before making his way to sit outside in the corridor, hoping that he would receive nothing more.