18

...

"y-yoongi?" jimin cried into the phone. he was cold and he's been wandering around the sleepless town for hours. before his phone died he checked the time. it was most likely half an hour passed one in the morning.

"jimin? is everything a—wait, jiminie, are you crying?"

jimin could hear the harsh noise of a bed moving and the click of a light. he felt bad for waking yoongi up, but it's embarrassingly the only number he has memorized for the pay phone he somehow managed to find.

"i-i don't know where i am, yoongi, and i'm scared," he whispered into the phone. his eyes looked around. he was in a small foggy box with wet-stained newspaper scattered nastily on the metal ground.

"jimin, who's phone are you on? i can't track your locations."

"i-it's a pay phone."

"what do you see around you?"

jimin looked out of the door and saw a closed convenience store.

"there's a store that says: del's lemonade shop. actually," jimin nibbled his lip. "i'm sorry, i'll continue walking and finding somewhere to take me home. please continue your sleep and don't worry about me," he whispers.

jimin looked at the contraption and realized he only has a minute left on the phone—not even. since he only had two quarters stuck in the bottom of his heavy school bag.

one quarter was two minutes which gave him four. but the amount of rings it took for yoongi to pick up costed him time.

"jimin, are you sure?" yoongi asks.

"completely."

jimin could tell yoongi was going to say something but a ding sounded causing the line to go dead. jimin took this as him finally running out of minutes. he slammed his head into the fiber glass and cried

"why am i so fucking god damned stupid? jimin, he doesn't like you. he didn't even reject your request to stay home and sleep. what's wrong with you?" he whispers to himself.

after minutes of crying and questioning his sanity, he stepped out of the box. the fresh dark air consumed him gently as he started walking. his mother was probably worried sick and his father most likely didn't even bat and eye at her.

he was sick. cheating on not just her but the family. he taught jimin so well and to succeed in every way possible. he told him to never lie, steal, and overall cheat. yet, he did all those things. to his own family.

he lied to them about going to work and instead banged some other girl.

he stole our families sanity. they were a reck. with jimin getting bullied and his mom leaving for work and coming home crying.

and he cheated on her. no one deserves to be cheated on. yet jimin's father did it. for god knows only how long.

jimin sighed. he didn't like the dark. he felt surrounded by things that could possibly make his life worse.

unless it's something that threatens your life. he didn't mind. as long as the sudden pain he's been getting goes away.

jimin touched his eyes. it turned a hello color after the course of a day but it concealed well with his mothers makeup. yoongi never even noticed which made his life a bit more easier.

yoongi can't know about what jimin did hours ago anyways. he was so vulnerable at that point that he might've actually released his hands and let himself fall away into the dark roaring waters.

as he walked, he started thinking about it.

about what it would feel like to be dead.

he has to admit that he's read articles about it. tons of them. some say you go into a flashback of your life and then the devil and god argue about where you should go. some even say that if neither of them pick you, you're now a ghost that can haunt.

he's read articles about how people have died and came back to life. an american lady said that she saw from the corner of the room, doctors trying to give her life again. she felt scared and everything was slower than usual.

some people even said time sped up. some people told that they fell into a pit of nothing but darkness.

as jimin walked he nearly forgot that he was in the street. he didn't notice the car about to zoom by.

he stayed in front of the car, blinded like a deer from the head lights. everything felt slow and jimin had a sense of growing fear inside himself.

he couldn't go just yet.

fortunately, he realized in time to jumped backwards and hit the pavement, scratching his elbows. the car was beeping. he never even heard the beep which was strange.

he watched the car speed by. once it turned and sank into the dark abyss, he tucked his legs into his chest and cried.

minutes passed again. this time he was sure it had went at least twenty minutes. he felt a rain drop fly down and hit him on the face.

looking up, he saw no stars. signaling they were covered by dark clouds.

more rain fell down and eventually it poured. he felt cold and weak especially in the small hoodie he wore. he took his backpack from his back and held it over his head for protection against it and ran to find shelter.

jimin sighed. he stopped running to find somewhere. instead he dropped his bag, not caring for the fragile items in it.

he looked down and let the rain soak him. he smelled the wetness and found it quite soothing.

"park jimin, you're a fuck up," he whispered to himself and laughed.

jimin didn't take note of the head lights shining on his feet. he only noticed that someone else was here to probably murder him and he strangely felt fine with it.

until he heard the soothing words of min yoongi mixed with the beautiful sound of rain.

"i'm worried."