Chapter 24

Angel's POV

We had finished breakfast about a half an hour ago and the twins were now in their office doing their Alpha work once again. They actually tried to feed me but I glared and said that they could sleep on the couch. That surely did it.

I was sitting in our bedroom, reading a book. I was just getting to the interesting part when Lisa came in.

"Come on Angel, we're having a girls' day!"

"What? Oh, hey Lisa."

"Come on! We need to sneak out and then we can go to the nearby town and go shopping!"

"Why do we need to sneak out? Couldn't we have our girls' day here? I really don't like shopping."

"Nope, we're going shopping. And we need to sneak out so that anyone won't know so they can't send guards with us."

"But-"

"It won't be a girls' day if the guards come with us, so let's go! And don't you dare tell the boys."

"Yeah? And what's going to stop me?"

"If you're going to tell the twins, then I will tell them that you want to give them a show with your many sets of lingerie!" And in the end she was cackling evilly like a witch.

"Ummm... I don't even own lingerie so it won't work."

It somehow didn't faze her.

"Oh don't you worry about that. When you tell them I will make sure that you have."

I just stared at her with big eyes.

"Are you blackmailing me right now?!?"

"I guess I am."

"But, but..."

"No buts. Now get up and let's go!"

I sighed giving up. Standing from the bed and leaving the room I felt that I will regret this later on.

------------------------------

I knew I will regret this!

We were walking in the market and I turned to look at some beautiful necklaces. When I turned back Lisa was nowhere to be seen! I tried looking for her and now I'm helplessly lost. I don't have my phone either because Lisa told me not to take it.

I was walking down some narrow street when I suddenly heard some footsteps behind me and before I could turn around something hit me on the back of my head.

"I'm sorry, sweetie."

A feminine voice whispered behind me before I was plunged into darkness.

****************
Lisa's POV

Where is she??

I can't believe I lost her, our Luna!

We were just walking in the market and I was talking to her but when she didn't answer and I turned around, she was gone!

I couldn't track her scent in this mass of people either. Oh my god, the Alphas are going to kill me!

Gah, where are you, Angel?!?

Suddenly my phone rang, stopping my search for her.

'Babe'

Oh no, they probably noticed we're gone. Okay, you gotta play it cool, don't mention anything about her being missing.

Take a deep breath, you can do it, girl!

"Yes, baby?"

"Hey Lizzy. Um, have you seen Angel? We can't find her and the Alphas are going crazy."

A crash was heard in the background.

I nibbled in my bottom lip nervously, trying to torn down the nervousness in my voice before answering.

"Umm... why do you ask?"

"Because we can't find her and some pack member saw you walking into their bedroom when she was in there so..."

"Oh."

"Babe, are you okay? You sound weird."

"Uh ya, everything's okay. Don't worry."

"Okay, now I know something's not right. You better tell me right now what it is. And where are you??"

Damn it! He caught on! Gosh, what do I do, what do I do??

"Umm, you tell him what's wrong." My wolf Rosie replied in a 'duh' tone and I could feel her roll her eyes at me.

"I can't! He will be so mad at me!"

"And he will be even more mad at you later when you don't tell him the truth! Besides, he can send wolves to help us search."

"Okay okay, bossy pants. I'll tell him."

"Baby, where are you?!?"

"Okay, I'll tell you but please, be mad at me later and listen."

"Okay, now tell me what's going on."

"I dragged Angel to the town with me but then I lost her and now I can't find her anymore!"

I was on the verge of tears by now, sniffling and sobbing a little. I could hear him sigh disappointedly. I disappointed him. Rosie whimpered at the thought.

"I'm sorry, I know I should have taken guards with us! I'm sorry!"

"I know, baby. Stay where you are, I'm going to call some help. You know I'm going to have to tell the Alphas though?"

"I know. Please hurry."

"I'm already on it, babe."

He ended the call and I put the phone back into my purse, looking around hopelessly, trying to catch at least a glimpse of her but found nothing.

Ten minutes later, Landon came with Chris, the raging Alphas and other guards.

They came running to me and I immediately hugged Landon as tightly as I could, him hugging me back just as tight. I was making his shirt wet with my tears but he didn't seem to notice. Even if he did, he didn't say anything about it.

I calmed down and he took my face in his hands so that I was looking at him.

"Where did you last see her?"

The others were looking at me expectantly, especially the Alphas, as we were talking about their mate.

"We were walking down this street." I said, pointing to the biggest street which was filled with people walking around, looking at all the stuff other people were selling.

"I couldn't track her scent in this mass."

I looked at the Alphas and bowed my head.

"I'm sorry Alphas. I have failed you and our Luna."

They only grunted in acknowledgment and I could see that they were fighting their wolves who were no doubt trying to come out to look for their soulmate.

We decided to split up to cover more land more quickly and that's how the search for our Luna began.