ASFStar123- Staying Up

Jerome's P.O.V.

I yawned, squinting my eyes and attempting to reach out for the other boy who should have been in the bed. I couldn't find him and so I sat up, looking around the room. It was dark and I could tell at once that the darker haired boy wasn't in the room.

"Vikk?" There was no answer. The other side of the bed was cold, meaning Vikk hadn't been in bed either for at least a few hours or at all. I had fallen asleep before he had come up to bed so he was probably editing or wandering around the house.

I stood up and pulled myself downstairs, careful not to make too much noise in case he was asleep, which was probably the case. As I made my way into the living room I peered over the top of the couch, seeing a book on the floor and I hand dangling just above it.

Vikk was asleep, not comfortably, but asleep and there was a blanket strewn across his body, placed there by Mitch I assumed. His bedroom was at the opposite end of the house to ours but he was often up at odd hours of the night, similar to Vikk a lot of the time, who never seemed to sleep anyway.

The book, The Theory of Everything, looked like it had been dropped on the ground because it was lying in a way that bent the pages, not that they weren't bent already. It was a well loved book, one of Vikk's favourites and he had read it at least 10 times, at least once out loud to me.

I moved the blanket out of the way and smiled as I saw Vikk twitch his hand and curl up on himself to try and find some more warmth, as the blanket had done most of that.

"Vikk? Vikky?" He stirred the tiniest bit, his finger twitching but he didn't wake up, so I leaned over and brushed his hair out of his face, hoping to wake him without startling him. But still, he didn't stir.

Sighing, I moved around to the other side of the couch, throwing the blanket onto the floor and picking up the book, placing it onto the coffee table. I then carefully slipped my arms underneath Vikk, one under his back and the other under his knees, scooping him up bridle style.

He started to stir a little more and this time I rocked him from side to side, my intention now to keep him asleep. One of his hands fell against his chest as I carried him and I gently kissed it, going up the stairs as gently as possible and at the top of the stairs I came across Mitch, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Hey." His voice came out gravelly and rough, telling me he'd just woken up.

"Hey, you just woke up? I'm just getting this one to bed now, I have no idea how long he's been asleep." He nodded, brushing around my shoulder carefully as I made my way back to my bedroom.

My bed was still warm, having only left it 10 minutes ago and right as I lay Vikk down, his eyes started to flicker open. His eyes connected with mine and he moved towards me, wrapping his arms around me.

"Hey Vikky, just go back to sleep okay." His eyes were still filled with sleep and even in the few seconds we sat in silence, his eyes started to slide closed again. He was obviously exhausted, not being able to stay awake for more than a few seconds but I was glad for it, knowing he needed to sleep more.

Curling up on the bed beside him I wrapped my legs around his so I was the big spoon, my head resting on his and my arms wrapped around his waist, mostly in comfort for myself.

"Night Vikky." As I said that I almost laughed at myself, knowing it was somewhere around 6 in the morning last time I had checked, and that probably hadn't changed.

"Love you."