#Her Love

She was waiting for him for so long, fiddling with her saree's fall, looking at the lane and occasionally, tugging her hair behind her ear when they disobediently flew with the gust of wind.

The pink hue in her cheek was describing how happy she was today and the way her eyes snapped on the road, every two seconds, portrayed how impatiently she was waiting for him. On every Saturday he came to meet her. And for her Saturday was the happiest day of her week. The day she waited impatiently for.

At last he came.

Her face lit with happiness as she stopped pacing and saw him walking towards her in strides. She could tell how weary he was, just by looking at his loosened up tie, rolled sleeves and slightly damp hair. He must've rushed to meet her.

Today he was five minutes late. This was bothering her because he was never late in last three years. It was, for the first time, that he got a bit late. Nevertheless, she wanted to know if he was okay or anything was bothering him.

She was curious to hear his voice. She couldn't wait more to hear from him. Just like everyday, he came with the same red roses -her favourite- and the candles -which he lit to make the atmosphere more beautiful and romantic. He was a little late today, so the twilight was kissing the ground. She was wearing white and her hair were carefully swept on her right shoulder.

She knew he loved her in white, "You look like an angel. My angel, baby." He'd complimented her several times and that brought blush on her cheeks, whenever he'd kissed her neck, draping his arms around her waist.

Now, the light of moon was embracing him and his face was shining in the silver light. He kneeled on the ground and lit the candles around to make the ground beautiful.

He started speaking in an apologetic tone, "I'm sorry love, there was heavy traffic that's why I got late. I know you were waiting for me..."

She just smiled, sitting beside him and then he started telling her about every little thing he'd done during that week.

"My boss, remember Mr. Gauri," he asked and she nodded, recalling how once, he'd cursed his boss viciously when Mr. Gauri had made him work for night shift and he couldn't come to meet her.

"He asked me to work from Mumbai. Our main branch." He apprised and her heart sank. Was he going to leave her? Was he telling that he won't come from now on?

"But I clearly refused." He smiled, "Because I can't live without you and I've written all Saturdays of my life in your name." He enunciated.

She intently listened about his routine, which he'd told her about like thousands of time, but still it felt like he was telling her everything for the the first time.

Be it when he'd accidentally blew up the kitchen while preparing dinner, she knew that he was not good in kitchen or the time when he slipped in the bathroom as he'd left his shampoo bottle on the floor out of his habit. She vividly remember how she had to press her palm on her mouth hard to prevent her laughter.

Suddenly he stopped.

It was then, she noticed that his voice had gotten heavier as if he was taking a long sigh.

She knew what he was thinking, she could read through him, she has felt that every second in these three years.

She was all broken now, when he said, "I miss you, sweetheart. I miss you everyday and every night. I feel like I am incomplete without you."

She knelt beside him and kept her hand on his shoulder, she wanted to say that she too missed him a lot but then she realized that she can't.

"Each day when I wake up, I search you on my bed, beside me and then realise, that you're not here. Every day when I come back home, I expect you to wait at the doorstep for me but then....I know you can't." He said, tears flowed from his eyes and her eyes brimmed with unshed tears.

She was dying. Again.

And before leaving, he said, smiling "Don't worry, love, you are in my heart today and you will be there forever... I still love you! I love you so much."

He got up to go, her tears were flowing now. She wanted to stop him, she wanted to tell him how much she loved him. She wanted to go with him, she wanted to come before him.

But she realised that she can't.

As she knew that if she would say something that will haunt him. For graves never speak.

She did the most natural thing that was in her hand. Uplifting her hand, she blew the wind against him, and stroked his head.

He smiled, relishing the soft breeze and sped up to his car, leaving her once again to wait for her love in her safe home; her grave.

_________

Don't know what compelled me to write it. Tell me how's it??