044 | KUROO TETSUROU+TSUKISHIMA KEI

one shot is titled— UNPREDICTABLEset in first personedited as of 04/12/2020

one shot is titledUNPREDICTABLE
set in first person
edited as of 04/12/2020

"I'm sorry, but we can't continue to do this anymore."

I felt my whole world crashing down when he had said that. His face was blank and motionless. My heart ached in pain as I dropped the prepared gift for him. I made it for months, kept it a secret for him until our 2nd year of anniversary.

"You're joking right?" No, I'm sure I was lying to myself, afraid that he was dead serious by the look he was giving me.

"I'm serious about this," he rubbed his temples, "I'm getting tired, I'm always doing all the work in this relationship, you never made any efforts, (f/n). You know it takes two to be in a relationship right? I need your love and you need mine. It won't work if we keep this bullshit up and going."

He grabbed his belongings, phone and wallet. He placed a paperbag on top of the table before leaving without a word.

I never expected Tetsurou to break up with me in this way. He was a sweet and gentle boyfriend and understood my decisions. He never cheated, or cursed in front of me.

I justI can't accept the fact that Tetsurou broke up with me. Was all the promises he said a lie? He promised to not leave me, hurt my heart and break up with me.

But I guess promises are really meant to be broken.

I picked my phone up, dialled a number.

"Uncle? Is the offer at California still on?"

TWO YEARS LATER.

"Of course, I understand," I mutter, rubbing my temples after ending the call. I stare at the view before me, bustling cars, people running around to ride a bus. A normal view of the everyday lives of the citizens of Tokyo, Japan.

I sit back in my chair, spinning my pen as I heave a sigh. Speaking in the intercom, I ask for any appointments for the day only to hear silence in the other line.

"Tobio's sleeping again," My head snap towards the door, seeing my fiancè with the usual scowl on his face. "When are you going to fire him anyways?"

"Hello to you too, Mr. Grumpyhead," I smile, standing to reach his height, pressing my lips against his, "When did you arrive?"