25.

unedited.

+pleasevoteandshare.

p.s please play the video, I do not own it. This piece belongs to Elegant Sister (ES).

***

Emiko had been informed that she would need to skip a day of class so that she could recover and no matter how many times she told Kaname she was fine, he shook his head and denied all of the, explaining that she needed to regain her energy.

It was exactly 1 o'clock in the afternoon when Emiko awoken from her nap to find Zero gone much to her disappointment, though she understood he had his duties as a prefect as well as needed to catch up on his education even though she knew he was the sort of person to sleep during class.

She decided to change her night attire to an appropriate casual pink-coloured flimsy dress and tied her hair up neatly into a bun with her baby hairs framing her face. Now that Zero was gone, everything here seemed to bore her so she settled on the decision to visit Kaname within his office knowing he would be up and awake at this early hour which was unusual for Vampires. She knew she shouldn't disturb the male Pureblood while he did his paperwork but thought it would be best for her to have company rather than sitting in a room alone. Maybe she could even borrow a book to read to occupy herself.

One knock, two knocks on the door and a reply came faster than she expected. She pushed the door open and made her way into the room, making sure to close the door gently behind her. Kaname didn't need to look up to see who it was because he had already sensed her presence from outside the door.

"Good morning, Alice." Kaname greeted softly, glancing up from his paper works to look at her for a moment before looking back down and signing off his simple signature.

"Good morning, I'm sorry for bothering you so early in the morning. I just felt like I was going to lose my wits being cooped up in that room by myself." She explained, observing the clean and organised office. Her eyes stopped at a bookshelf filled with many, many books to her liking. "May I borrow a book to read?"

"Take one if you must." The male Pureblood answered, leaning back into his chair to take a few break moments from the stack of sheets he had to sign.

He placed his black pen gently down onto the desk and rested his arms on the armrest of his vintage tufted sage green chair with a cherry wood frame. Kaname took this opportunity to close his eyes and rest them as it would be the only chance he would get until he finished the stacks of paper. Shuffling within the room could be heard which made slowly open his eyes to see that the female Pureblood had taken a seat in one of the guest chairs at the coffee table and seemed that she was already stuck right into the book. Kaname was shot with nostalgia.

His lovely Alice always had a liking towards books which reminded him of their younger days where he read fairy tales to her each night he was home in Haruka's stead.

The moment he took his eyes off of Alice to resume his signing, both the Purebloods were able to hear a gunshot from a far distance. Alice's head perked up from the book in alarm and made contact with the the eyes of the other Pureblood. She snapped the book closed in her hand just as Kaname pushed his chair out and took a stand. Following closely behind Kaname, out the door they went and already half of the Night Class students stood outside their rooms questioning each other about the sound.

Takuma glanced at Kaname and followed after the two Purebloods who disappeared into thin air, a sign that they had teleported. Hanabusa and Ruka quickly stepped into action with Senri and Rima shrugging to each other before following behind. Kain, who had been downstairs the whole time, watched silently as the Aristocrats had gathered up and disappeared one by one. He cracked his knuckles and then disappeared with them.

The Moon Dorms were filled with endless chattering from the rest of the curious Night Class students.

When both Emiko and Kaname appeared first at their chosen destination that the sound emitted from. A wave of anxiety hit her as she felt an unsettling feeling. Something just wasn't right. As they waited for the Aristocrats to arrive one by one, Emiko took this opportunity to inhale the air to see if there were any unfamiliar scents. Much to her prediction, there was one very unfamiliar scent along with two other familiar scents. Emiko's eyes widened slightly. 

What were Yuki and Zero doing here?

Emiko stepped forward just as Aido glanced over to her to see what she was doing. She then took another step forward, and another quick one and eventually her steps were hurried.

"Lady Kuran, please wait!" Aido yelled after her but she didn't bother to stop and turn around.

Seeing this did not settle well with Kaname. What if she was put in danger? She act so reckless to run off like this especially if someone around here had a gun.

"Emiko." Kaname caught her by the wrist in no time, making her seize her footsteps as she came to a stop, fumbling backwards.

He took a look at the young maiden, her face filled with worry as she looked up at the male Pureblood. He already knew what she was thinking and had already smelt their scents the moment he got here. He could care less about Zero but both Yuki and Emiko were important to him. He knew Yuki might currently be in danger and as much as he was worried about her he couldn't risk Emiko's safety either.

"Please don't act rashly, we must see the situation first." He beseeched, trying to calm her down.

Emiko was swallowed up with worry and anxiety but she nodded in understanding. Kaname was right. If she were to act rashly she would put everyone else in danger. She had almost forgotten the Aristocrats were here too.

As Kaname let go of her wrist to call out orders, Emiko's eye caught a particular cold-staring Ruka who looked away and folded her arms. Emiko sighed, now wasn't the time for her, she had other matters to deal with-- especially if it may or may not be a life and death situation for Zero and her sister, Yuki. She was worried for both.

Another gunshot was heard and Emiko lifted her head the moment she smelt blood.

"Kaname," She uttered, balling her fists.

At that moment her mismatched eyes were replaced with two red gleaming orbs. This was not going to end well for the person who dared to spill the blood of her beloved sister. Emiko's orbs gleamed brighter than before as she gritted her teeth. 

"Don't stop me now."