[47]

Jackson:

Lunch was silent because no one at our table said something. My pregnant roommate was deep in his thoughts and neither Namjoon nor Jinyoung dared to say something. I didn't either.

Mark tried his best to stay in his thoughts and ignore the horrible things people were yelling at him. Of course, not everyone was mean to him but it were enough to hurt his feelings badly.

Actually, I would be worried if the elder stayed in his thoughts and said nothing for over twenty minutes now. But he looked quiet calm and he also ate completely normal which told me that he was ok for now.

Of course, I always kept one eye on the pregnant boy while I was eating to make sure that everything was alright. Who knew what could happen if I got inattentive for a moment?

"Hello Mark." A familiar voice suddenly disturbed our peaceful lunch. I sighed because I already knew that this guy's appearance meant trouble. It wouldn't be the first time.

I looked up to Junyeol and raised my eyebrows. What did he want? He was a former member of the swim team but they had thrown him out because of his rude behaviour towards the guys and the coach.

The fact that he had greeted Mark was enough to make me suspicious. He was actually known as a bully and people like Mark, "nerds" how I used to call them before, we're his favorite victims.

I worried that he was going to say something to the elder which would hurt him. And unluckily, he was very  sensitive at the moment and every kind of stress wasn't good for him or the baby.

"Hello?" Mark answered confused because Junyeol had talked to him. The former swimmer sat down on the seat on the opposite of Mark and a short look to Namjoon and Jinyoung told me that they were sceptical, too.

"So how are you?" He asked and I looked at the boy next to me. He still looked confused. "I'm good, I guess." The black-haired boy answered hesitantly. I knew he was lying. He wasn't good.

But of course, he wouldn't tell anyone except of his friends that he felt bad or insecure. And I was happy that I had managed to become his friend because that made it easier to protect him.

"That's great to here. Your health is very important now." Junyeol glanced down at Mark's grown belly. The older boy wrapped his arms around it, obviously feeling uncomfortable.

"Yeah yeah, it is. What do you want now?" I asked the blonde-haired male. I didn't want him to be here because I knew him better than I wanted and his presence never meant something good.

The boy grinned at me. "Still distrustful? But well, I'm just here to give something to Mark. Or more exactly to his baby." He told us and Mark immediately tensed up. I crossed my arms.

What did this boy want from my baby? If he was planning something bad, I would kick his ass to the moon and make sure he would never come back. And that wasn't a threat, it was a promise.

Junyeol handed Mark a white envelope which he slowly took. His hands trembled when he opened and took a card out of it. I had a very bad feeling but waited until the elder had read the card.

Tears started to form in his eyes and Junyeol started to laugh. I carefully took the card out of the crying boy's hand and read it by myself. It was a sympathy card, addressed to our baby.

"Dear baby,
my sincere condolences because you are forced to have such a loser as your father."

I tensed up and my hand formed into a fist. Was he fucking serious? How could a human be so heartless? Maybe it didn't sound that hard to most people, but Mark was sensitive and he already doubted himself enough.

He started to sob and buried his face in his hands. How dared this asshole to do this Mark? I had rarely felt so angry at someone before. I was furious.

I got up from my chair and walked around the table. Junyeol smirked but I would definitely punch this ugly smirk out of his face. "What's wrong with you?" I asked him angrily. My hands grabbed the collar of his shirt.

The blonde boy got up, too. "You don't like the card? I just wanted to be nice." He grinned. "You're sick! How can you be so heartless?!" It took all my strength to stop myself from punching him here and now.

"I still remember times when you would have said the same." Junyeol said with a smirk. My hands started trembling. "Shut up. I've changed my opinion. I'm not like you anymore." I told him angrily.

The swimmer smirked. "Well then, I should probably write another card for the poor baby." He said and that was the last thing he was able to say because I wasn't able to hold back anymore.

My head was completely empty when I started to throw punches at Junyeol who quickly started to defend himself. And so we ended up beating each other up like there was no tomorrow.

His punches hurt and I knew they would leave bruises but my anger made me forget about all the pain at the moment. I hated him so much for hurting Mark and I wanted him to pay for it.

A female voice told us to stop but it barely reached my ears. Only the strong pair of arms that wrapped itself around my waist and carried me some steps back made me slowly come back to the real world.

The one who had carried me away was Namjoon and the female voice belonged to our teacher Miss Lee who was obviously very angry at us. "What has gotten into you?" She asked and crossed her arms.

"He insulted Mark." I answered without hesitation. The young teacher sighed a bit and nodded slowly. She belonged to the few teachers who didn't judge Mark because of his pregnancy.

A heavy sigh escaped her lips. "I want both of you to come to the teachers' room after school. I think there are a lot of things to talk about." Miss Lee said before she left us for now.

Namjoon let me out of his grip and I turned around to look at Mark, only to see that he wasn't there anymore. He had probably left while I was busy with Junyeol. But where could he be?

So for the record, violence and bullying are big no-nos. No one gains anything from it and both only cause pain in some way.

I will probably update some time later again.

I hope you enjoyed it!

Thank you for reading 💙