Assassin's Bride Chp20

This chapter is all my imagination and it contains violence I hope u enjoy it.

Check the song on the side, goes perfectly with this chapter.

_________________________________________________________

~*~*We are each our own devil, and we make this world our own hell~*~*~

"Cloud...Cloud wake up man." A familiar bothersome voice interrupted his peaceful slumber. Cloud opened his eyes to see Alexander. He sat straight and rolled his shoulders, these plane seats were never comfortable for him. He preferred his bed over the high luxury of business class. His eyes prickled a little and he knew he needed more rest. Two hours were indeed nothing compared to normal sleep hours.

 Cloud looked at someone to his left; Alex mimicked his friends move to see an air hostess. She stood with two glasses of champagne. "Thank you." He told her once the lady handed him his glass and he gulped the whole substance in a go. "What have you been doing all this time?" Cloud asked then took the bread roll from Alexander's tray and wolfed it down.

 "I gathered some more information on Master Malcolm, you can say about his exact hide out." He notified with a shrug of his shoulders. Cloud peered at the screen of Alex's lap top and frowned. "You think he knows you are coming?"

 Cloud nodded, "He has to, he created a demon and now he will pay a prize for that." His voice that replied held a different touch as though Cloud was on the edge of losing his control. Silence enveloped them so he leaned back and gazed at Alex eat his meal lost in his tangled thoughts.

He recalled the old days when he was a mere boy. Cloud got to be in good terms with Alexander when they worked for Malcolm, the pitiless snake. They were the only ones who comprehended the evil and immoral plans of their master and abandoned their clan after months of covert plans. Ever since then, they both have been working against their teacher and his wolves; the wolves who would never waste any chance to sink their claws into Cloud's flesh.

 Soon the same air hostess brought Cloud's meal. Alexander observed the man beside him from the corner of his eyes, he knew his friend, his leader was enraged. He had been appalled to see Cloud in such a worn out state when he had arrived at the airport with Rory. This mission was indeed paramount to him. 

"Stop staring at me like I am some miserable rat in a laboratory." Cloud said, his head down as he slowly ate.  

"I was looking at your food, seems like they put the best stuff for you." Alex retorted, smugly.

"Well you aren't going to get some." Cloud said. "What were you thinking about?" then turned his head to his friend who pursed his lips.

"Do I have to tell you?" Alex wondered, it was more of a statement and Cloud knew it.

"No," he shook his head well aware where Alex's thoughts lingered.

"Let's forget about Malcolm for a few minutes and have a talk, we friends don't have much time for each other these days, as you are so busy," A smiled twitched his lips when Alex spoke. Cloud ate for a while then cleaned his hands with a wet wipe.

 "Something I always tend to ignore." Cloud smirked at his friend who mocked a shocked face.

 "Oh this one you can't ignore." Alex laughed and shut the lid of his lap top.

 "Why is that so?"

 "Because this is about Faith," Alex gave Cloud a meaningful look.

 "Come to think of it, you haven't met her yet." Cloud reminded.