fourteen | phil

Dan was sick. Sure he'd been sick before but it was usually just a sore throat or a runny nose. But Dan was actually sick. It was only the beginning of December, it hasn't even snowed yet and he was sick as a dog. It didn't come into school or even text Phil in the morning. But he'd gotta a text in the middle of lunch from Dan explaining that he was sick and they could work on their new book after school.

They were already finished with their first book, which they got an A on. Phil takes all the credit of course for his awesome story line. The next book genre was romance which the boys were obviously not experts at. Phil never had a girlfriend or a boyfriend once in his life. The closest he ever got to some action was when he had broken his arm for a month during primary school and all the girls lined up to kiss him. It was quite ridiculous but Phil enjoyed the popularity while it lasted.

Eventually they decided to go for the old fanfiction route. The soulmate au. It was pretty easy, all they had to do was make up two characters, make them be soulmates, add some soppy romance and drama, then bam best story ever. It sounded pretty crappy and try didn't expect to get an A on it but they tried at least.

Dans text also implied that in no way did he want Phil going over to his house after school. He explained that what he had was definitely contagious and he didn't want to get anyone sick. But of course Phil was going over to his house anyway to spend some time with him in his miserable state. Any good friend would. He had to stop at his house to grab a few things first.

Usually Phil would have to go home around 8 o'clock to take care of Sarah as he brother got some sleep. But today he called off so he and Sarah could spend some time with Cornelia out of town for a few hours. Cornelia broke Martyn's heart not so long ago. She left both him and Sarah, even Phil. Cornelia was like a mother to Phil for the time being. She showed up out of no where seemingly falling in love with Martyn in a number of days. After his parents died both boys had to stay with their aunt and uncle. Martyn didn't stay long as two months into staying with them he was shipped off to college.

He eventually graduated college when Phil was eleven and was granted custody of him. He meet Cornelia when he was twenty and together they collected enough money to support Phil. Phil of course had already met Cornelia a couple of times when Martyn showed up with her over his Christmas break. He liked her enough, she had awesome read hair that Phil liked to out up in little pony tails. A year later after they were settled down they had Sarah and eventually got married.

It happened so fast for Phil and the divorce happened even faster. They got divorced a year ago but it's clear Martyn isn't over her. Which is exactly why he's chasing after her again. Phil hopes they rekindle their romance though. It'll make for an easier lifestyle and he could feel like his family was whole again.
______________________________________

Phil rang the doorbell five times before anyone could answer. Dan's mother opened the door with a wide smile and welcomed Phil in.

"I'm glad you're here, Dan's been miserable all afternoon, he claims he doesn't want you here but we all know the truth." She said winking at him.

Phil laughed and nodded. She never asked why he didn't speak, it made him happy to know that she didn't care. He perfered it that way.

"Anyways, I'm going to the store to get some stuff to make Dan cookies, no one else is home so it good you're here," She said cheerfully. "I've already made him tea but he refused to drink it, he's been rather moody today, lighten him up okay." She waved at Phil before walking out the door.
______________________________________

Phil made his way up to Dan's room slowly, he looked at his baby pictures on the wall, be was a cute kid, he used to be blonde. Phil smiled, he'll remember to make fun of him for that later. He had texted Dan he was on his way and when he didn't respond so he just assumed he was sleeping.