Never too late

Jisoo's POV

My phone kept ringing. Jin had been trying to call me ever since I and Jungkook were on our way to the airport.

I would have answered but I don't think I'd be ready. He would probably tell me that he and Ara were now together.

My heart aches real bad every time I remember seeing the article online.

I told myself not to read anything about him but these past few days, I can't help it. Ever since he decided to break up with me, I just watch their videos and everything about them so I can still see him. Yep. I know it's a stupid move if I actually really wanted to move on but I love him. I don't think I can easily move on that fast. Or if I can move on from him at all.

But after reading the news of him finally moving on, it hits me. It's now over.

I had been patient. To be honest, I was still hoping that he'd come back to me. That one day, he'll knock on my door and told me he still loves me...that there is a reason why he did that and said those words to me.

It hurts to realize that your first love is finally over and the first person that made you feel special doesn't feel the same way anymore.

No more hugs and kisses. No more daddy jokes... No more contagious laughter... No burning of phone lines and sweet random messages... No more you and I because now, it's just you and her...

No us.

They say 'First love never dies'. In my case, I hope it dies easily or I might die early in the process.

These past few days, a lot of things had come to my mind. Different scenarios played in my head.

Will it still hurt like this if I actually did not entertain my feelings for him?

If I made a different choice, will I still feel so broken?

My grip on my phone tightens when I saw his name flashing on my screen, a picture of us showing. He had that sweet smile on his face while I was sleeping. I can't even remember when he took that photo.

I don't even have the courage to delete his photo nor block his number.

Why do you have to call me now? Is breaking my heart multiple times isn't enough? Or are you planning to crush my heart into pieces?

My chest tightens after remembering the pain of my last conversation with him.

"Yahhh, give me your phone." my brother said while he was driving. I gave him my phone and he did something to it before giving it back.

Then I realized that he put it in airplane mode. I did not even object.

I pull out my earphones and decided to listen to some music. And then I closed my eyes.

My eyes snapped back open when I realized that all of the music on my phone was actually theirs so I decided to pull out my earphones and sigh.

"Are you okay?" my brother scanned me with a concerned look in his eyes. I just smiled, though I'm sure it never reached my eyes.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"What?"

"Running away..." he said.

My eyes went back to the view in front of us.

I guess I'm running away, huh.

"That's what I'm good at anyway. And it's not like me staying would make any difference. I'll use this chance to heal myself, so..." my voice trailed down sinking deeper than my thoughts.