Homecoming

I totally get why Vincent is not only popular among girls, but boys as well. He does every sport well, he's friendly, relaxed, easy going, and funny. He's not a total jock, he talks to other people outside of his sports team, like gamers who play the ordinary Call of Duty to those who Dungeons and Dragons. He talks to the pseudo-science fanatics who spend their days theorizing about aliens and trying to prove how the Illuminati controls every existing ghost. Of course he 's not best friends with everyone, but he doesn't discriminate when it comes to conversation.

I've been tutoring him for around 3 weeks already, and it has been pretty normal. We got into the habit of always preparing snacks. I would walk to get some fast food, like cheeseburger or fries, or some chips and candy from the grocery store before going to his house. He would do the same, sometimes ordering a pizza to the house. We would eat while we study. It stays pretty quiet, but small talk started to happen after a while. It's mostly my fault since I'm so awkward, replying with one word answers only. His mom and sister are never home, Mrs. Miller is usually taking his sister to her extracurricular actives or shopping. Neither is his dad, although I'm not sure if his dad is even in the picture. I never asked. Vincent drives me home afterward, and I leave him with an awkward "thanks".

"Wendy." I pop my head from my backpack that's laying on the cafeteria table. "Are you going to homecoming?" Vivian asks me with puppy eyes.

"No thanks. Not my kind of thing." I yawn and bury my head back into my backpack.

"Aw, come on! Olivia and Evelyn are. "

"Only because you're forcing us to," Evelyn sighs.

"I don't really mind," Olivia softly replies.

"You never mind anything," Evelyn argues. Vivian and Evelyn continue to argue with each other, trying to scout Olivia to go on their side.

Evelyn is short and has a really small frame. People usually try teasing her, seeing her as an easy target. They're in for the shock of their life when she snaps back. She's the feistiest person I know. She has no problem dissing people, but never her friends. She's too loyal.

Olivia is just as nice and loyal. However, she's the opposite of Evelyn. She's too nice for her own good. She can't turn down people. This usually creates chaos when guys mistook her kindness and friendliness as flirting. Olivia gets so flustered she can't even reject them, usually opting for ignoring the guy until they leave her alone. Evelyn ends up having to help her. The two of them were best friends since elementary, and I met them in the fifth grade when I didn't have any other friends.

Vivian is the mix between the two. She has sass, but she get along with everyone. I'm not even going to lie. I didn't expect her to be friends with us. Vivian is drop-dead gorgeous. I'm not even exaggerating. She fits the standards of supermodels on magazines- tall, small waist, curves, long and natural waves for hair. For someone with looks like her, I would've expected them to join the clique of popular girls. She didn't however. She's still popular, but without the arrogance that comes with it. There's always a bunch of people who come up to talk to her while we're hanging out. Olivia, Evelyn, and I never mind. After all, we know how much of a great friend Vivian is. Naturally, other people would befriend her too.

I'm roused from my nap when I feel a slight shove against my right side. Someone sat down next to me. I look up and my friends are looking in my direction and then at each other in bewilderment. I look to my left  and nearly whip my face into the shoulder of Vincent Miller.

"You guys must be Wendy's friends. Hi, I'm Vincent. Wendy's my math tutor," Vincent introduces.

"Wendy never told us anything about tutoring," Vivian smiles. "I'm Vivian."