38

Previously on Pure Happiness

"Don't be like this. I came because I wanted you to know that there is someone who sees that in you. I was hoping it would help you see it too."  

~~~

"I need your help."

"With what? Is everything okay?" Beth asked Elena through the phone.

"I know you said to give him time, but I just really need to talk to him," Elena spoke referring to her younger brother.

"Okay. I understand that. But where do I come in?"

"Alaric and I are planning dinner to talk to him. We were hoping you being there would prevent things from backfiring."

"Sure that could be a potential scenario but another is that he could see it as an intervention and not react well to it. But if you believe it could help, I'll be there. Just tell me when."

"Great, thank you. And right about now you should be heading here. Thanks, Beth," she called out before hanging up.

Beth was not hesitant to drive over to her friend's house despite the short notice and in about 5 minutes she arrived.

"Hey, thanks for coming," Alaric said as he opened the door.

"No problem. I just hope this works."

Once the two entered the kitchen, they saw Elena setting the table. They both were quick to grab a plate and help her out.

"So, you're ready?" Ric questioned.

"Vampires, hybrids, and originals. No problem. My rebellious brother. I'm worried."

"Proof that you're still human," Ric commented just before the front door swung open and Jeremy walked inside and quickly headed for the fridge.

"Just in time! We're cooking," Elena announced.

"Sorry, just passing through."

"Ah, well I thought we would all stay in, have a meal together like a typical, atypical family," Ric said.

"Why?" Jeremy asked.

"Maybe because you got fired and you didn't tell anyone," Elena intervened.

"Ahh- look, can we do this later? I made plans with Tyler. He's right outside," the teen declared.

"Oh wait! When did you start hanging out with Tyler Lockwood?" Alaric questioned.

"I don't know," he shrugged. "Does it matter?"

"Yeah, Jeremy! It matters. He was sired by Klaus. He's dangerous," Elena exclaimed.

"Tyler or Klaus?" Beth questioned.

"Both of them, Beth," Elena furrowed her brows in confusion at the girl before she huffed and turned back towards her brother, "Obviously."

"He can still hear you. He is right outside. Besides you of all people are gonna lecture me on who I can and can't hang out with?" Jeremy scoffed