Chapter Twenty-Four: Going Home

Song: Be there by Krewella

Krewella is one of my favorite bands and I found this song. Just listen to the song, it describes Jerome and Mitch perfectly in this book. This song and another song that is gonna be in the next chapter that is by another one of my favorite bands..

Also I feel like I should add a second update day for this book, but I don't feel like it. New chapter coming out Sunday that I just finished writing and it....well gets interesting...

The next two days have been Jerome packing up his stuff, getting ready to fly back home with Mitch. But he went down to Mitch's room, where he basically moved into during Mitch's time in the hospital, and grab a few of Mitch's things. Things like his phone, some earbuds, his notebook and a pencil, his sweatshirt, passport, his wallet, and also packed up Mitch's laptop. Rob and the others are going to pack up the rest of Mitch's things and bring them later. Jerome was already on his way to Mitch's parents house to pick Mitch up.

And when he pulled up and got out, Kyleigh and Mitch were sitting on the porch steps. Jerome grabs Mitch's checkered hoodie and walks over to them. Mitch lifts his head up and takes his hoodie.

"Are you ready, Benja?" Jerome asks. Mitch nods and walks pass him without saying a word. Jerome looks at Kyleigh as her parents come out.

"Thank you for doing this, Jerome." Mitch's mom said. Jerome smiles.

"No problem, and I'll make sure to give you any updates." He said.

"You better." She said. When they said goodbye. Jerome got into the car, Vikk was in the back seat and gonna take the car home and when they all got onto the highway. Mitch picks his head up, looking at the sunrise. He hears Vikk say something to Jerome.

"I'm starving, breakfast anyone?" Vikk asks.

"Mitch, you hungry?" Jerome asks. Mitch pulls his hood lower, hiding his face from the two as he rests his head against the window.

"No." Mitch said quietly. Jerome glances at Mitch. Vikk does too. After a few minutes, Jerome pulls into a rest stop. Jerome looks at Vikk, urging him to leave.

"Fine, I'm gonna go eat." Vikk said grudgingly as he got out. Jerome looks at Mitch.

"Mitch, you okay?" Jerome asks.

"Is...Is he gone?" Mitch asks. Jerome nods.

"Yeah." Jerome said. Mitch sniffs, feeling tears he has been holding in since he first got into the car fall down his cheeks.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm just....I-I've been su-such a burden on everyone. I'm just scared, I'm afraid she'll be here and m-mad at me for all this." Mitch cried. Jerome takes off his seat belt, leaning over to Mitch. Jerome puts his arms around Mitch, pulling him over against him. Mitch nestles his face into Jerome's neck.

"It's okay, benja. Why do you think we are doing this? To protect you, we going to Florida, that's the furtherest you can get away from Canada in America. She won't find you, I promise." Jerome said rubbing Mitch's arm with his hand. Mitch hesitates, he suddenly puts his arms around Jerome's neck, hugging him tight. Jerome is taken aback, Mitch squeezes his eyes shut.