Chapter||17

"Tyler, I swear if you don't shut up I will throw you out of this moving car." Jace shouted.

Right after school, we had gone to my house so I could pack a bag for the lake. I met my brother there, when he insisted that he come too or else.

I think he only wanted to go so he could protect his sister from the big bad Jace Johnson.

The only downside was that now Jace was grumpy, and Tyler was being overly annoying and doing his best to antagonize Jace, the driver.

Tyler sat between Cal, who was looking up to him like he was a god, and Hallie, who called him cute.

Currently, Tyler was singing the ABC's with Hallie as loud as he possibly could.

Cal, was laughing and encouraging him, and Jace was fuming.

I was torn between slapping my brother in the face and bursting out in laughter.

"Alexis," Jace hissed through his teeth, "Please shut him up". We pulled up to a red light and Jace looked at me, begging with his eyes.

There was probably only one thing that could get Tyler to shut up...

I leaned over and kissed Jace's cheek.

Jace's eyes widened in surprise, and a hint of a blush appeared.

"Alexis West you did not just fu-"

"Language!" I shouted just in time cutting Tyler off.

"Alexis West you did not just flipping kiss that boy on the cheek!" Tyler retried.

"I actually did." I replied smirking.

Tyler slumped down in his seat pouting.

Jace started driving again as the light turned green but casually commented, "She's kissed me on the lips too." I could feel the smirk through his words.

I buried my face in my hands. This was confirmation enough for Ty.

"Be lucky you're driving or I would've smacked you to China." Tyler hissed.

"Sure you would have." Jace nodded completely mockingly.

Tyler glared and sat still in his seat. "I can't believe you kissed my baby sister." he muttered.

...

When we got to the house, I knew the worst was to come when Jace got out of the car to get the bags.

After an 'oomph' and a thump, I knew Tyler had officially tackled Jace to the ground. Poor Jace, Tyler was a football player.

But then again, Jace was Jace.

And seconds later, the girly scream, and the groan confirmed that Jace was alright, but Tyler....

I got out of the car and saw Tyler holding his crotch as Jace winced. "Sorry man, but you tackled me." Jace apologized actually sounding genuine.

I grabbed Hallie and my bags as Cal grabbed his. I reached into Jace's pocket and grabbed the keys to the cabin.

 We walked into the house and it was huge. The first thing that I saw was a beautiful grand staircase that curled around the room and showcased a giant chandelier that hung in the center. 

"So where is everyone sleeping?" I asked looking around in awe.

"Im pretty sure almost everyone will have their own room," Cal said casually. 

"One room has bunk beds, so we have to decide who has to share," Hallie explained.

"Oh, oh, Tyler, do you want to sleep in the bunk bed with me?" Cal asked excitedly.