Chapter 1

You stand on his doorstep in the late evening a crying, shaking mess. He was the only person you could think of that you had left to go to. With tears streaming down your blotchy cheeks you raise a hand and knock on his door weakly.

He opens it in a flash. A beaming smile on his face that the thought of seeing you brings on that quickly fades. His arms thrown out in excitement soon falling to his sides.

"(Y/N)?" He frowns. "What's wrong?"

You don't answer before running straight into his arms. You wrap your own so tightly around him that you're afraid you could snap him in half even though that's impossible because he's ten times stronger than you. You bury your head in his chest, staining his shirt with tears as sobs continue to wrack your hole body.

What are you going to do?

Should you even tell him?

Yes, you two have known each other since before elementary school. You can trust him with anything. Well, you'll find out if it really is anything after this thing.

"Doll?" He says, his voice full of worry as he slowly wraps his arms around you too and embraces you, resting his chin on top of your head and stroking your hair softly.

You only start to tremble harder.

"Shh, shh." He whispers. "I've got you. Whatever it is you're going to be okay."

He doesn't understand

Because the thing is your not. You can't see any possible way that this could end well.

There are two ways you could go right now. Back out and leave or trust him with literally your whole life.

"(Y/N)?" He says again softly. "What is it?"

"Bucky you've got to help me." You cry desperately before you can stop yourself.

Guess you're going with the latter then.

"Why? What's wrong?" He frowns and pulls away from you a little so that he can see your face.

He looks at you critically, scanning your face for any sign of what the problem might be.

It calms you down somewhat, seeing the concern on his face and feeling his protection. You always know you're safe when you're in Bucky's arms. He's you're best friend.

"Jake broke up with me." You sniffle.

There's a brief moment where his face falls and you know that all he wants to say is 'is that it?'. But he won't do that to you, you know it.

He swallows and takes a deep breath to prepare himself before continuing.

"Really? Why?" He says surprised and you can tell he's trying to be sympathetic.

'Why?'

That 'why' causes you to break down all over again. Sobbing hysterically you cuddle back into his chest.

"Hey, hey, hey! C'mon (Y/N/N) I'm sure there are plenty of other fish in the sea out there that are better than that idiot that would be lucky to have you. It's his loss missin' out on a girl like you." Bucky says calmly and pats your back as he slowly leads you over to sit on the couch on his apartment.

For a guy, he's actually not to bad at this whole sympathetic thing.

"No you don't understand!" You sob.

"What?" He huffs and tilts your chin up with his finger so that you're forced to look at him properly.

His eyes are so intense, his brows knotted together in concern.

You must look like a mess but you don't care, you've got other far more important things on your mind right now.

"He got me pregnant." You mumble as tears flood your eyes all over again.

Once more you go back into hiding in the safety of Bucky's shirt and cry even harder than before.

It's out there now. Will he brush you off like everyone else has so far?

There is a moment of silence as he sits there in shock. You look up at him, your bottom lip quivering to see him kind of just staring into space with his jaw dropped open, his face a little pale as he soaks in your words..

"Say something." You sniffle.

"H-how?" He stutters, shaking himself out of his trance and looking down at you.

"I don't know! We were careful!" You exclaim, your voice thick with tears.

"Who else knows?" He asks seriously.

"You, him and my parents." You say hoarsely as you fight back the feeling of hot tears all over again at the thought of the previous two encounters.

"And what did he do?" He asks hesitantly.

"Freaked out and broke up with me." You whimper.

"Dick." You hear him spit distastefully, although you're pretty sure you're not meant to hear it.

You swear you hear him growl and tense beneath you, his jaw setting.

"And your parents?" He continues slowly.

"Kicked me out." You wail as you can't hold back the tears any more.

"Oh (Y/N), you're kidding me." He sighs and pulls you in for a hug again.

"No." You pout.

He holds you there and let's you cry it all out for a solid hour before you finally calm down enough to talk.

"So what're you gonna do?" He asks wearily.

"Well keep the baby obviously because anything else is far to dodgy around here." You sigh. "But I've got no where to go. I don't know what I'm going to do!"

"You can live with me." He says suddenly, his eyes lighting up.

"What?" You gasp. "Oh Bucky I couldn't. Not with everything that's about to happen. It'd be too much."

"I'm serious doll. Come live here. There's the spare room now since Adam left and it gets pretty lonely around here. I won't even make you pay rent to start with!" He smiles.

"But what about all of this?" You say glumly and place your hand on your flat stomach.

"We'll figure something out." He sighs.

"Please don't tell anyone." You beg him. "An eighteen year old girl who's pregnant isn't exactly a good thing to be. Do you know all the names that I'm gonna get called? Jake won't tell anyone because then he will get shamed too. Ma and Pa won't tell anyone because who wants to be known as the parents of a child like me now. I'm sorry to drag you into this Buck."

"Don't worry (Y/N/N), your secret is safe with me." Bucky says with a half hearted smile and places a hand on your shoulder. "Now if you'll excuse me I have something that I need to go take care of. I'll be back later, don't wait up for me."

"Where are you going?" You ask him as he gets up.

"Don't you worry." He smiles. "Just get some rest."

The next day at school when you see Jake walking down the corridor avoiding looking at you with a black eye and a banged up lip you know exactly what Bucky was up to last night.