EIGHT

Eight | safe house

"The news is loving you guys," Maria Hill's voice spoke from the the front of the jet, "nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air."

"Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony asked.

"Already on the scene," Maria replied, "how's the team?"

"Everyone's..." Tony paused before continuing. "we took a hit. We'll shake it off."

"Well for now I'd stay in stealth mode," She advised, "and stay away from here."

"So, run and hide?" Tony questioned.

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer," Maria answered.

"Neither do we," he said before switching off the monitor, "hey, you wanna switch out?" He asked Clint, who was flying the jet.

"No, I'm good," he replied, "if you wanna get some kip, now's a good time, cause we're still a few hours out."

"A few hours from where?" Tony asked.

Clint shrugged, "a safe house."

A couple of hours passed before Clint announced that we were landing. I stood once we landed and followed everyone else out. I only realised where we were after I spotted the farmhouse in the distance. A small smile fell on my lips right when I saw it.

"What is this place?" Thor asked.

"A safe house?"Tony repeated what Clint had told him.

"Let's hope," Clint mumbled under his breath as he opened the door and entered the house, "honey, I'm home," he called out.

Laura Barton walked out of the kitchen, a look of surprise on her face.

"Hi. Company," he said gesturing to us, "sorry I didn't call ahead."

"Hey," Laura said leaning over to kiss Clint.

"This is an agent of some kind," Tony whispered to Thor.

Clint turned to us and gestured to his wife, "gentleman, this is Laura."

"I know all your names," Laura said in an excited tone.

Everyone except for Natasha and I looked at her awkwardly, some of them mumbling a 'hi'. I heard the footsteps of Clint's two children as they ran down the hallway towards where we were.

"Ooh, incoming," Clint said excitedly when he heard them.

"Dad!" Little Lila Barton shouted as she jumped up into her father's arms. He kissed the top of Cooper, his son's head, "Hey, buddy! How you guys doing?"

"These are...smaller agents," Tony mumbled to the team as they all watched in surprise.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat and Auntie Clarke?" Lila asked.

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" Natasha asked stepping forward with a big smile on her face. Lila rushed towards Natasha who picked her up in her arms.