[15] Epilogue

"New York suffered a city-wide power outage last night. Officials have not commented on the origin of the strange occurrence but at this time we know that-" I groan, stretching my limbs at the sound a TV. Remembering what just happened, I bolt upright and look around. 

I was in my apartment. 

A feeling ran through my body that made me want to cry and laugh at the same time. Did that really happen? Was that all just a very strange, long dream? But then why was it night time, I wouldn't just sleep the day away for nothing. I go over to the window where I had a clear view of the billboards outside and see the date at the bottom, the day after I had originally went to sleep before waking up as a cat. 

Knocking at my door broke me out of my spell and I rub my eyes, my stomach still flipping and my lips tingling. I go over and open it, rubbing my eyes.

"Hey, I'm from downstairs." The nice looking woman tells me, peeking in quickly before meeting my eyes again. "I'm sorry if this is weird, but I heard a loud thump so I just wanted to check on you. It didn't sound very good."

I laugh it off, waving my hand. "I had a dream that had me rolling off my bed onto the floor." I show her that the apartment was empty. "I'm fine, thank you for worrying." I tell her honestly. She smiles, turning back while telling me to take care. As I close the door, I hear a buzzing sound and a soft crinkling of paper from the middle of the room. I spin around with wide eyes and see an envelope in the middle of the table.

It wasn't there before. 

I slowly go over and rip it open, unfolidng the letter.

"DEAR OUR FAMILY CAT-TURNED-HUMAN

WE HOPE YOU ARRIVED BACK IN YOUR OWN UNIVERSE SAFE AND SOUND, ALTHOUGH YOU MIGHT'VE HAD A HEART ATTACK AT BUCKY'S ACTIONS. SORRY. IF YOU EVER WANT TO CONTACT US, FEEL FREE TO USE THIS REMOTE THAT WILL ALERT OUR UNIVERSE. DON'T USE IT IF IT ISN'T SERIOUS OR IF YOU JUST WANT A BOOTY CALL. BUSINESS ONLY. 

WELL, WE ALL MISS YOU ALREADY. BE SAFE.

- THE AVENGERS (& FURY & PHIL ET AL)

PS. BUCKY SEND HIS LOVE EVEN THOUGH YOU PROBS WONT EVER BE TOGETHER.

PPS. WANDA SAYS TO IGNORE THAT LAST STATEMENT BECAUSE IT SOUNDS TOO HARSH BUT I TELL YOU TO GET OVER YOURSELF BECAUSE SEPARATE UNIVERSE RELATIONSHIPS WILL NOT WORK OUT."

I grin at the letter, feeling the very small and thin, almost transparent, remote fall out of the envelope. I place it gently in the drawer of my table under my window, also placing the letter in there with it. 

This was an experience I would never forget. 

I turned into a cat for a few weeks.

I got to meet superheroes.

I got to universe travel.

And I managed to get a crush on our favourite one-armed soldier. 

I guess you would call it Kitty Love.