17

Amelia

"Just one more week until we can move into our new house. Are you excited?"

"Yeah, it'll be great to finally have my own space." I don't tell Mom about how much i'll miss sleeping with Alex.

"You won't miss being with Alex every night?"

"How did you know-"

"I'm not stupid, Amelia. Neither is Isabella. We know what's going on with you two." Well I hope they don't know everything that's been going on.

"Well, uh, what did Isabella say about it?"

"She thinks it's great that you both are together, but she's even more protective of Alex than your Dad and I are of you." Mom smiles and I silently pray they didn't talk about us having sex like Isabella did with Alex.

"What do you think about Alex?"

"He's great, A. I think he really cares about you and I'm glad to see you so happy. I hope it works out with him – I'd hate to see you upset over another boy."

"Alex won't hurt me."

"I hope not."

"Dinner!" Yasmin screams through the house and the sounds of doors opening and Val shouting 'no one take my favourite chair!' is heard from Mom's room. I laugh and we go downstairs together.

Mom sits beside Isabella and Dad, and I sit with Yasmin. "Is Alex here?" I ask her.

"No idea."

"Your fucktoy is indeed in his bedroom," Val says with his chin held high. Dad's eyes widen and Isabella yells at Val, while most of the guys laugh.

Alex comes into the kitchen with Marco and everyone looks at him. "Su papá va a matarte," Max says.

Alex looks at me. "Por qué?"

"Boys, stop being rude," Isabella looks at Mom and Dad then me. "I'm sorry about them."

"Oh, don't worry about it," Mom assures her with a smile. Alex and Marco sit down, Alex next to me.

"What did I miss?" He asks me quietly.

"No es importante," I smirk, impressed with myself.

"Amelia!" Isabella almost chokes on her food and looks at her son proudly. "Has Alex been teaching you spanish?"

Alex snorts. "As if." Isabella's smile drops and is replaced with annoyance.

"I'm learning it at school. Santiago helps with my homework though."

"No, Santiago does your homework," 'Tiago says, giving me a look.

"Amelia," Mom mutters disappointedly, shaking her head.

"Santiago is a total narc," Val comments. "Now I know why he asks me so many questions about where I get-"

"So you guys found a house?" Yasmin interrupts and Val narrows his eyes.

"Yeah, it's not far from here, actually. Just a ten minute drive," Dad says, happy to change the topic of conversation.