Chapter 8 - They Were Mice

Dianna

  It was a few hours later, and Evie and Dianna were still in their dorms imagining what Mal would be like on her date.

  "Maybe she gets so annoyed at Ben that she actually turns him into a frog?" said Evie, Dianna burst out in laughter at the thought.

  "He's just hopping his way home. Leaving his bike and Mal." Dianna replied, Evie started to scream in laughter. 

    Dianna and Evie continued their train of thoughts until nightfall, laughing throughout the entire day. And it was hours later that Mal rushed past the door, leaning against it and slowly kneeling down.

  "Well, well, little miss lovestruck over here. Wait, why is your hair wet? is my leather jacket okay? what happened to it?" Dianna flicked Evie's hair, She skulked as she pouted towards Dianna, who then smiled as she patted her forehead.

  "It was...amazing." Mal said, as she swooned, Evie and Dianna smiled and squealed in unison.

  "Tell. Us. Everything."

Ω

  The next morning, The villain kids went to remedial goodness class, and as the hour went up, Fairygod mother walks up to where they were seated. With a huge smile painted across her face.

  "Kids, because family day is just around the corner,  we have organised a special treat for you. Dianna, we have arranged a treat especially for you as well." said Fairygod mother. Excitedly, Fairygod mother jumped to the television, that now moved to the centre of the classroom. 

  She turned on the television, and out popped the parents of the villain kids, excluding Dianna. Maleficent, Cruella, Jafar, and Evil Queen fully displayed on the screen, clicking so many remotes that Dianna couldn't help but chuckle. They eventually got it to work, and their faces met with Fairygod mother's and their children, with Dianna at the back.

  "Evie! Hello my beautiful daughter! You know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree." said Evil Queen.

  "Don't you mean the weeds?" Maleficent said, rolling her eyes at the Evil Queen.

  "Oh, who's the old bat?" Cruella said, Mal smiled as she came closer to the screen.

  "This is Fairygod mother." said Mal, Maleficent smirked.

  "Still doing tricks on eggplants?" Fairygod Mother's jaw dropped. 

  "I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage." Maleficent smiled deviously.

  "You couldn't give Cinderella until 1 AM like seriously? What did the little hamsters have to be put in their cages?" Maleficent chuckled, the evil villains followed.

  "They were mice!" Fairygod Mother turned to Mal as she exclaimed.

  "Yes thank you so much Fairygod mother–"

  "Mal!" Maleficent screamed, the villain kids flinched.

  "I m....miss you. Tell me, how long must mummy wait to see you again? I'm sure all that wandering around Auradon must  be tiring." 

  "There's a big coronation coming up, so we will see you after that." 

  "Oh Carlos! is that a dog you're carrying? He would make the perfect size for a purse!" Cruella said, Carlos, carrying the school mutt "dude" walked up to the screen. Dianna had not even realised that Carlos had forgotten his phobia of dogs.

  "He is the perfect size for a pet. This dog loves me, and I love him, and you stuff your dogs. I don't."  Cruella looks at Carlos with a hurt expression.  

  Jafar then insulted Cruella which led them to have an argument with the entire villain parents, and Dianna had to close the screen so that the rest of the villain kids wouldn't have to witness their parents arguing.

  "I'm so sorry kids, Dianna we have a surprise set up for you as well." Fairygod mother took Dianna's hand, and gave her a small rock with a fire symbol chiseled on it. 

  "Open it." Fairygod mother said with a smile 

  Dianna opened it, and a blue collar bracelet with a blue opal with two dragons with mouths open directing at the jewel, was placed in the rock. 

  "It was summoned from the underworld by your father. It must have taken him a lot to send it here."

  Dianna smiled at the thought of it, maybe her father does miss her? she put it on her wrist, on the arm where the scarf Harry had given her was tied on her arm. 

  "Thank you."

Ω

  Dianna took a stroll at the student lockers, and she felt someone grab her from behind and lift her up.

  "There's my beautiful wildfire." Magnus said, as he hoisted her up in the air. Dianna laughed aloud.

  "What do you want Ice king?" Magnus smirked at her, Dianna laughed as he put her down.

  "Is that my new nickname? cause I think I prefer you just call me Magnus." Dianna chuckled, Magnus looked down towards Dianna's new bracelet, he took her hand as he examined her wrist,

 "I see you got the gift your dad sent you, My dad came through after all." Dianna froze, Magnus smiled as he kissed her cheek.

  "What do you mean your dad came through?" Dianna said, with a confused expression on her face.

  "Oh, I asked my dad to lend him some power to your dad so that he can send you a gift, I'm sorry it wasn't a grand gift, It was the only thing that was sufficient enough to keep him in the underworld. I hope you understand." Dianna froze, but she felt a flicker of anger. She cast it aside, the fact that he was kind enough to go through all that trouble with his father. It made her heart soft.

  "I love it Magnus, thank you so much." Dianna started tearing up, Magnus pulled her close and kissed her cheek once more.

  "There's no need to cry, I thought it would make you happy." Dianna chuckled, as she kissed his cheek now.

  "No, No. I am happy, I am extremely happy." Dianna said as she embraced him. Magnus chuckled as he hoisted her up and twirled her around. Dianna started to laugh aloud, but it was then that she started feeling light headed, visions of red started appearing in her head, Magnus set her down, she heard once more the clashing of swords, the sounds of a kiss, silhouettes of a boy and girl kissing appeared in her mind.

  "Dianna? What's wrong?" Dianna started spiralling into madness, making her dizzy, she gasped as she heard someone whisper into her ear, a muffled sound that almost said : say it louder. Dianna felt herself falling and falling.

  Dianna fell under Magnus' arms. Magnus screaming out Dianna's name, and it was the last thing that Dianna heard before she fainted.