CHAPTER 6.3

"They were not to be trifled with

"They were not to be trifled with."

Many miles behind the small band of travelers, two figures entered through the gates of Muurin, their faces twin rays of moonlight. Skin, bone white with sharps cheekbones, a cloth as dark as pitch was wrapped around their head to hide their eyes which were so grotesque, they brought screams from young children, and lips stained the same dark shade.

They both wore armor as dark as night with a silver moon on the chest plate, signaling they were soldiers, with the black wings of a raven floating behind them like a cape. They used to be so similar, that it was nearly impossible to tell them apart, so they gained the name the Raven Sisters by their fellow comrades.

As the two sisters walked down the cobblestone streets, their metallic armored boots echoing through the deserted city streets, the citizens scurried out of the way of the Raven Sisters, fear flashing through their eyes as they realized who the two were.

Together the Raven Sisters had taken down entire Lekki armies on their own and had even managed to destroy a god. They were elite soldiers. Those who could kill any Mutare they wanted for simply looking at them wrong and nobody would even dare to question them. They were Fourth Ranks.

The city was filthy, and the alleyways filled with Mutare slowly starving to death as food became less available to the poor by the day. "Look sister, at what had happened to the city," the elder sister spoke, looking around as if she could see the cities filth despite her blinded eyes.

The elder sister's hair fell down her back in long dark curls that matched the night sky. She was taller than her younger sister, nearing seven feet herself, the average height for any Mutare. The entire race was stronger, quicker, and taller than their Lekki counterparts.

It was just one of the many reasons the Mutare had been able to hold out for so long, even though the Lekki had the gods on their side. And they would keep fighting until the Lekki flew the white flags of surrender or the Mutare were completely wiped out and the Wild Woods was reduced to charred stumps and the ash of those who had died.

"Is it true that he has been hiding out here for six years?" Her voice echoed down the street, and despite the fact she couldn't see, she could sense no one else was there. Who would be? The scum that crawled these filthy streets knew better to cross paths with the elites. The soldiers.

"Yes, sister," the younger responded.

She was at least half a foot shorter than her elder sister, and held more of a dainty, childish look, compared to her well built elder sister. Her hair had recently been cut short as to not get in the way while she was fighting, her bangs brushing against the cloth she wore to hide her useless eyes from the world.

Her hair still stuck out on the sides though, and no matter how much the younger of the two Raven Sisters did she couldn't tame the natural curls that fit her elder sister so well. Although, she wasn't to be underestimated. She, much like her sister, carried a blade so sharp it could have torn the heavens from the sky.