Chapter 8

"The blue Delphinium should go on the right of the purple Carnations." I told Miss. Ann and pointed to a newly painted shelf.

"Slow down Lily. We aren't even done with planting the Hibiscus." Miss. Ann said with a chuckle. I nodded my head and grabbed a pot to start planting the seeds for the new Hibiscus's.

"I can't wait to see things start to grow." I told her.

It had been a busy day. Landon had another Alpha meeting, so Miss. Ann drove us to the garden store to get seeds. Chloe had to go with Landon for some unknown reason, so she couldn't drive me. The woman was a crazy driver. I have only been in a car a handful of times, but Miss. Ann was by far the wackiest driver I have met yet.

"I think spring is coming soon. It will be beautiful." she tells me.

"Do you think others will come see it?" I asked look at her over my shoulder.

"I honestly don't know. I don't know if they would want to." she says with a sad sigh.

"Why wouldn't they want to come? It's beautiful, or it's going to be."

"They are too busy. In this pack everyone is going everywhere, and they are all going all at once. They don't find time to look at the simple beauty of what is around them. I think you could change that." she tells me.

"What do you mean?" I ask now slightly confused.

"In life everything has a fault. We all have faults. Landon runs a strong pack, but it still has faults. I think that our fault is that we don't make time to enjoy life. It's the little things like never having dinner together, or throwing small parties. When I was a little girl we would have parties here all the time. I think that everyone is so wrapped up in trying to be perfect that they forget it's impossible." she tells me.

I am now fully facing her. Her word wake me up to see all the simple things I have missed. My mind start coming up with thing I can do to involve the pack.

"I know that you are going to change something. I knew it before I knew you were Luna. You have a beautiful soul don't let people over look it."

********************

The day passes slowly after Miss. Ann and I call it a day. We worked for hours and talked about everything. I even told her a little about my past, but I could say much because I started crying. Miss. Ann has because a mother figure that I so desperately need.

I wandered around the house a little. I didn't really know what to do, so I decided to try my luck at cooking.

I found the kitchen in no time and looked through the cabinets for nothing specific. I was on the second to last cabinet when I saw a couple of cook books. I grabbed on and opened it up. The food looked delicious. I came across a couple that looked easy to make, but there was only one we had all the ingredients for. It was a cold pasta dish that looks so good my stomach was growling in the process of making it. I got an idea and grabbed an extra dish. But for this plan I think I'm going to need more than two.

It took almost three hours to make five dishes, but when I was done it looked great. I placed plates around a big table in the dining room. I sat the food on equal sides and a pitcher of water in the middle. I sighed and smiled at my work.

Now I have to find a way to get everyone to the kitchen, and I think I know the person that can help.

****************

"Come in," I hear a familiar voice say. I slowly opened the door and walked in.

"Lily, what are you doing here?" the lady asks.