Part 6: The Little Mermaid (Jimin)

"Flippin' your fins, you don't get too far, Legs are required for jumping, dancing, Strolling along down a - what's that word again? Street . . ."

A few minutes later, they were swimming through the grand doors of the castle heading to the throne room. Sofie had many memories in these halls and that room, some brought a smile to her face but there were some that hurt her every time she thought of them. There were many tough decisions she had to make in that room, most she was confident in though others made her cry from the faces of the men she had lost cause of her choices. Having to tell their families they would never be returning to them was one of the many reasons she gave up her position.

Upon entering the throne room, they saw the king sitting on his throne with a bored expression planted on his still face. The king was fairly young, only a few years older than Namjoon and Sofie in age. Seokjin had snow white hair that was short on the sides and long on the top, like Namjoon's, but his hair was pushed back out of his face. Seokjin's tail was a emerald green with light pink fins encircling the tail. The king wore no top, but wrapped around his neck was a tiny golden trident hanging on a thin gold chain. The necklace was the symbol that showed others he was the king, he hadn't wanted to wear the crown for he wanted to be closer to the people and believed the crown would separate him from them. Though he didn't want to wear anything of the sort, he finally agreed to wear the necklace so he could hide or put it away when necessary.

   Upon seeing the duo, Seokjin lept from his throne and threw his arms around Sofie as he yelled her name, "Sofie! It's been forever! Why don't you visit anymore?"

Pulling away from the hug slightly, Sofie smiled before replying, "It's nice seeing you too. I'm sorry I don't visit as much anymore, I'll try to visit more often."

"Good, now I know you're here for a reason, so what do you need?"

This time, Namjoon moved forward following Jin back to his throne explaining what had happened, "I believe Sofie has been interacting with humans, she has a bag full of land items at her house."

Shocked, Jin looked back at Sofie, his mouth slightly hanging open, "Sofie ... is this true?"

"Yes it is, I've been talking to and collecting things from a human", Sofie answered truthfully, she had never been able to lie to Jin. He was always able to bring out the truth from her with one look. She hated it, there were things she didn't want him to know, there were times when she didn't want to talk about something but he was able to force it out of her with one look. He was not only like a brother to her, but as she grew up with no parents or siblings he was the closest thing to a father she ever had.

"Sofie. We talked about this. You can't be doing that, they're dangerous. You know this better than anyone", Seokjin sighed as sadness filled his dark brown eyes. She was always doing this, even after all the wars she had seen the human rage on his waters. The king didn't want Sofie getting hurt, even if she said she can take it. Without knowing the humans had killed hundreds of his people with their wars, from things falling on people to them being hit with bullets or cannons.

"I know we have, but it won't change anything. I want to know more, and that's what I'm doing! I've learned that not all humans approve of wars! The man I've been meeting, Hoseok, he wishes wars never return, he wants peace!", Sofie exclaimed she wanted them to know that not all humans were bad.

"Sofie I know not all humans are bad! But that doesn't change things, you aren't allowed to meet with them!", Jin hadn't wanted to yell or argue with Sofie, but he wanted to get his point across.

"Why not?! I'm meeting with another human tommorow and I'll tell him what I am. I know he won't hurt me, I know he will accept me!", Sofie didn't mean to yell, but she loses her temper easily and she has a hard time controlling it. She didn't know why she said she would tell Jimin she was a mermaid, she didn't even know why she said he wouldn't hurt her but she believed it. Somehow she found herself truly believing that Jimin would accept her and try to use or hurt her, even though she just meet him face to face for the first time.

"Sofie! You can't! You would be putting yourself and others in danger!", this time Namjoon was the one to speak up against her. She was his 'sister' and he couldn't let her put herself in danger, she had done that enough already.

"I don't care!", 'Yes I do.'

"I hate to do this, but I can't let you put everyone in danger Sofie ...", 'No, Jin please don't say it', "... Sofie ...", 'No!', "I forbid you from going to the shore. Namjoon, take Sofie to the guest room and don't let her out", Jin stated disheartedly, he really didn't want to do this to Sofie but he had to.

Looking back at the shell shocked woman in front of him, Jin sighed before saying, "Sofie ... I'm sorry."