Chapter 35

After a lot of not very hard thinking, I think I've decided that this story will probably end up being two books long, so prepare yourselves for that.

~~~

Khloe's POV:

I was alive.

That whole idea was so weird to me.

I actually survived a blood moon.

Not only that, but everything that came after that was weird to me as well.

I looked up as Nico hung up his call, setting the phone down on the desk where it always sat.

I debated asking him what the call was for since I was too deep in my own thoughts to pay attention, but decided to stay quiet.

I had been quiet ever since we woke up, and well, so had Nico.

For some reason, things just felt weird between me and him.

I'm not really sure if he felt it, but I for sure was feeling it.

Maybe I was just overreacting again.

Then again... he was acting a differently than he was last night, not to mention that I disobeyed him more times than Id care to remember.

Maybe that's why he was quiet.

I shifted uncomfortably, hugging my knees closer to my body.

I couldn't tell if he was mad at me or not.

Any other time that I had seen him mad, he was visibly so and even vocal about it.

But he was just unusually quiet and it made me nervous.

There's no way he wasn't the slightest bit mad about what happened.

Not that I wanted him to be, but I just wanted some sort of answer or relief.

"Breakfast will be soon." He said plainly, turning towards me slightly.

I looked up quickly to meet his eyes since, despite the fact that his wings have been gone since sunrise, he still hadn't put on a shirt.

"O-Okay." I replied quietly, inching my way towards the edge of the bed, "should I get ready?"

"No," He said as he leaned back against the dest, setting his hands on it for support, "I just told the slave to bring it up here so just go sit on the couch."

I looked at him questioningly as I hung my legs over the side of the bed, "Why?"

He just looked at me for a moment, his eyes shifting to the door for a moment before looking back at me.

"The bodies."

My stomach turned as I quickly faced the floor.

I knew how lucky I was for surviving last night, but I forgot that not everyone else shared that same luck.

I took a deep breath.

Nothing could be done about it.

They're dead so there was no use worrying about it, I told myself.

I just hoped that Doe was okay.

"I see," I said as I removed myself from the bed, feet meeting the cold wooden floor.

Black dots began to fill my vision as I stood, followed immediately by extreme lightheadedness.

I didn't even notice that I was losing my balance until something grabbed me and I quickly returned the gesture out of instinct.