Chapter 28

Deandre Martin

"I missed you.", India said, allowing me into her small condo that sat on the north side of town. She was definitely looking like she was ready to let go, and I was ready for her to pop so I could get with this DNA test.

Now that her pregnancy is almost over, I'm seeing an alter in her attitude and the shit she does. It's almost as if she's more genuine with the shit she does now, but it seems like an act to me. She's caused hell these past seven months and once the full nine are over, I'm going to make sure that all the shit comes to an end. I plan on getting a DNA test as soon as possible and if the baby is truly mine, I'll just have to man up about the situation.

She came and wrapped her light arms around my neck, as I took a seat on her couch. She attempted to straddle my waist, but her large belly definitely made sure the distance was kept between us. I wanted to push her off of me, but I couldn't risk hurting her or the baby, so I allowed her to stay where she was. Two more months of this shit, and I'll be a free man, hopefully.

"You been takin' care of ya' self?", I asked. I find myself asking her the same shit every week, just to make sure she's doing what she has to do to keep this baby as healthy as possible. She was having complications entirely too early and regardless of if this child is mine, I want him to be as healthy and happy as ever.

"Yes, I've been taking my vitamins, exercising, and trying to eat healthy.", she said, smiling at me.

"Good shit.", I mumbled.

"I've been missing something tho'.", she said, continuing to look at me as I raised an eyebrow at her, very uncomfortable with her gaze upon me.

"Okay?", I questioned, not really giving a fuck about her personal needs.

She smirked at me as one of her hands drifted from the back of my neck, traveling down my chest and gripping my man below the belt through my jeans. She was coming on too strong and I know her hormones having been eating her up, but that's not my problem.

"Watch out.", I said, pushing her hand slightly as she just pouted in my face.

"Please? Dre, I need it. This isn't fair.", she said, leaning as far into me as her stomach could allow. "I'm already big and pregnant, what the hell am I supposed to do?"

"You're supposed to control 'dat shit. Stop lettin' 'dat shit control you.", I said, scrunching my eyebrows at her dumb ass question.

"Please?", she asked, rubbing me through my pants, but I wasn't going for it. Lifting her hand from my pants, I motioned for her to get up, leaving her no choice but to obey my commands. I placed a hundred dollar bill on the coffee table, just to cover whatever necessities she needed and then made my way to the front door. I let a small sigh escape my lips as I left her crib, and definitely had in mind to hit the bricks as my next move.

Today I was decked out in the Benz, and although it wasn't my favorite car, it would have to do since niggas know what my Hummer looks like now. Laying low has been one of my main goals these past couple months, especially after the whole incident with Sincere's mystery, significant other. To this day, I'm still convinced that she has some kind of relations with this nigga, but it's something about her that can't keep me from loving her. That girl is my heart and soul within one body, and I just hope we can make it through this tough situation. She's a diamond in the rough, so I know she's tough.

I sped through the city, making sure to take the back roads to avoid any unnecessary conflict. For once, I was actually driving in almost complete silence, allowing the small tunes from the radio to cloud the car and my mind drifted with all kinds of thoughts. It's possible that I have two babies on the way, I have a nigga literally out here in these streets trying to kill me, but I also have a business that's going very well despite all this other bullshit. On top of all that, I have my dream girl and I'm fucking up everything I have with her. I'm one dumb ass nigga, but I know what I have and right now, I just can't believe all this shit is going on in my life.