Chapter Twelve

Ok so some of this might be happening fast but there was little time gap.

Jaylyn's POV

My mom walks up beside my father who is smirking at me evilly. My breathing starts to increase even more. My father steps forward towards me.

"Who do you think you are?" My mom laughs.

My father continues to step forward till he's standing right in front of me. My breathing gets worse and dark spots are starting to appear.

"How dare you try to trick us into paying for something you don't need." My mother glares at me. "Those pills you said you need, I talked to a doctor. Those pills are only needed in extreme cases. Only in cases that won't make it another month." I didn't see the hit coming as I had been focused on my mother.

My fathers punch send me soaring across the room into the corner of a side table. The black dots get bigger and I can feel myself loosing consciousness. I'm teetering on the edge, but the next punch sends me over. I black out, but that doesn't stop the assault.

I wake up sometime later, still on the office floor. My head is pounding and everything is blurry. I've never had a headache this bad afterwards. Never to the point where I can't see. I stumble up and try not to trip while going down the stairs. Everything seems to be going in slow motion. I stumble my way to the door that leads to the game room. I almost fall while going down the stairs. I know that my father didn't hit my face a lot, as to not drawl attention to it, because it doesn't hurt except around my eye and nose. The bright light of the game room and the loud sounds from the games causes my headache to increase.

"Oh my God, Jaylyn! Are you alright?" Someone says as they jump up.

I just nod my head and blink a few times to try to see better. It doesn't really work but I can make out blurry figures. I realize that it was Ryder who had jumped up and was now waking over to me. My breath gets caught in my throat as his hand reaches out. I flinch away, expecting it to be a hit. I fell down onto the stair behind me and stare at the ground.

"What happened to your face?" I flinch again as his hand lands on my face.

I shrug again. 

"Did-did dad d-do this?" He hesitantly asks. I shake my head.

Clearing my throat I open my mouth to answer. "I tripped and hit a door knob. I'm f-fine." I clutch my stomach as nausea hits me. My hand goes to my mouth in order not to puke.

"You're not fine. Silas, aren't you studying to become a doctor?" Silas must have nodded or something because Ryder continued talking. "Come check him out."

I hear footsteps approach me. I shrink into myself as he sits beside me.

"Jaylyn, look up." He demands. I don't want to obey but I can't help myself. My head lifts without my permission. "Ok, his eyes are dilated. Jaylyn can you read that sign." Pac-man. I don't have to see it to know what it says.

I nod my head.

"What does it say?"

"PAC-man." I whisper.

"Yes, how about the one on the tv?" He points to where the tv is. I blink and squint but I still can't see it.

"Call of duty?" I guess.

"No, Lego Batman. He might have a concussion. Someone should watch over him for the night." I start to shake my head and my stomach tightens. "Yes," I feel his glare rather than see it. "If he pukes we should probably take him to the hospital as it could be really serious."

"No, no I'm fine." I get this weird feeling through my stomach. Like fear.

"No, Ryder do you want to do it?" Silas questions as he looks at whom I'm assuming is Ryder.

"No, I'll do it. But he's sleeping on the couch." Raven says. "And you're staying, so if anything happens I got someone who knows what to do."

"Deal. But I'm sleeping." Silas states as he yawns and stands up.

"Ok, well we're going upstairs." Ashton rolls his eyes and picks Ryder up easily causing Ryder to squeal in surprise.

"C'mon, lets go." Raven reaches out and grips onto my arm, right where a bruise is. I flinch and jump up.

He lets go. They all go up the stairs , passing me. Ashton, however, rams his shoulder into mine, almost knocking me over the railing. I follow behind them all. Everyone but the two and I go upstairs.

"I'll go grab us some blanket, babe." Silas says and kisses Raven. I look away and walk into the bathroom. I close and lock the door.

Leaning on the counter, I bite my lip to hold in my tears my head is killing me and my body is aching all over. I open the mirror cabinet above the sink and grab pain reliever. Taking a dosage dry, I put the bottle back and walk back into the living room. Silas and Raven are already there, cuddled up with a blanket around them. I sit on the couch the furthest away from them.

"You should get a blanket." Raven states. I just shrug. "Use words, Jaylyn. God, I'd rather be in my bed right now."

I shrink into the couch. "T-then go. I'll b-be fine. I don't feel bad at all."

"Ryder will kick my ass if I don't do this." He rolls his eyes, looking at the tv where Friends is playing.

I look down, feeling like a burden, which I know I am. If I wasn't born then they'd be happy. Mom and dad would be happy. My brothers wouldn't have to put up with me. I wouldn't have to put up with me.

Out of everyone who hates me, I think I hate me the most. The saying "you are your own worst enemy" fits me perfectly. Honestly, I don't know why I haven't ended my life already. Why do I insist on putting these good people through the torture of dealing with me. My nails start to dig into my skin again. I sigh as the pain enters my body and fills me with joy.

"Jaylyn? Jaylyn?" Ravens annoyed voice brings me out of my thoughts and I hide my wrists before he could see them. "Did you hear a word I said?" I shake my head. "Of course not. What I said was, I'm ordering Chinese, do you want anything?"

"N-no. I'm not hungry." The pain my stomach feels like punishment for my lie, but I know that I deserve it. I'm too fat to eat.

"You sure?" I nod. "Good." He takes out his phone and dials the number, quickly ordering what he and Silas want.