f o r t y - f o u r

Excuse any mistakes.

Seattle, Washington
Four months later

      It had been a stressful four hours for Amir and the rest of the family. Rayne was having complications with her pregnancy which had everyone scared.

Then, she suddenly went into emergency labor. It was way too early for the baby to be coming. Amir and Rayne hadn't had the chance to find out the sex of the baby.

The hospital was silent as everyone were praying for Rayne and the baby to be okay. Naomi rested her head on Amir's shoulder while rubbing his hand.

He was trying to be macho man and keep it together, but Naomi knew. Inside, Amir was scared and would lose it if something happened to Rayne.

And if he lost his second child.

She glanced at her watch, wondering if Zeke had touched down yet. He hadn't answered when she called so she figured that he was still on his flight.

     The two had been doing the long distance thing since Zeke relocated to LA. Naturally, he wanted Naomi to come to LA with him. However, Naomi didn't step down as CEO and she just didn't have the time to create a branch of the headquarters in Los Angeles.

She was almost five months pregnant and decided to hold off the wedding until she gave birth. Having a baby, planning a wedding, and dealing with her job would just create too much stress.

         Zeke wasn't too happy about it.

"I'm just saying. I want you to come to LA with me." Zeke said to Naomi as they walked into her home. Zeke had a bag of food in his hand and immediately took it to the kitchen.

     "Zeke." Naomi sighed. "I can't just pack up and move to LA. My headquarters is here in Seattle. Plus, Nia just got settled and I don't want to make her uncomfortable."

"Nia will adapt to any environment. She'll make new friends. As for you, LA may be a good place for a branch headquarter." Zeke came back out with the plate of food, handing it to Naomi who was now sitting on the couch.

          Naomi shook her head. "That's too much. Having a baby, planning a wedding and moving myself and my business to LA." She took the plate from him. "The wedding may have to hold off until next year."

Zeke was about to take a bite of his food, but paused and looked back at Naomi. "Excuse me?"

     "At least until after the baby arrives. Zeke, I'm pregnant. I have to be cautious."

"We can elope then." He suggested.

      Naomi jolted her head back in disbelief. "Excuse me?? I've been waiting my entire life to plan my wedding and now that I have that chance, you want to elope?"

Zeke sighed, putting his plate down on the table. "We can always have the wedding at a later date."

       "What's the rush Zeke?" She tilted her head to the side.

"Why you so comfortable waiting?" He shot back.

           "Did you even listen to anything I just said? Come on babe. You're being selfish."

Naomi began to eat her food while shaking her head lightly. "Selfish? Really? I'm just trying to marry the love of my life and move her in with me. I've been looking at houses and everything."