Clockwork

Cyborg spun around faster than he ever had before. He didn't even notice when Danny turned as well, or the intense scowl marring his face. Standing, or rather floating, before Cyborg was a young man. A cloak covered his face, but Cyborg could see the tip of a scar underneath where one eye should be. A staff was held in one hand, while the other was hidden in his cloak. Suddenly, the ghost's (or so Cyborg assumed) appearance changed, or rather, aged. He now appeared to be an old man. And, after a few moments, a young child. It was hurting Cyborg's eyes.

   "Daniel-" the ghost started, but was cut off by the younger teen.

   "You know why I'm here." Danny said shortly, his already heavy scowl managing to deepen. Cyborg heard the cloaked ghost sigh. For a reason Cyborg didn't know, this spurred Danny to practically growl at the shifting ghost. "What." He hissed. Why was Danny so angry? Cyborg had never seen the kid so downright enraged before. But, based on the ghost's reaction, he had been expecting that.

   "Daniel, I understand that you are... upset with me, but you must know-" Danny cut him off again. Though, not before what the ghost had been saying peaked Cyborg's interest. It was obvious that the two knew each other, but what could have happened to cause Danny to be so angry? Cyborg was far from oblivious, but even he had no idea what caused this.

   "I don't care. Cyborg and I need out of the Ghost Zone. Are you gonna help or not?" Danny said sharply, though the other ghost didn't seem at all affected by Danny's icy attitude. This affectively brought Cyborg out of his contemplative thoughts.

  "Of course. However, I do believe there is someone that wishes to see you first, Daniel." As soon as the ghost said that, a gray blur flew over to Danny, tackling him to the ground. Cyborg turned, preparing for the worst, but instead was greeted by the sight of an oversized wolf in a ripped prison uniform licking Danny's face. It definitely wasn't what Cyborg had expected. As if to confuse Cyborg even more, the wolf began talking. Not only that, but in a language he had never even heard before. And, much to Cyborg's immense surprise, Danny began talking back in the same language. The older teen was thoroughly confused, to put it lightly.

After a few minutes of conversation, the two walked away, leaving Cyborg with the shifting ghost.

"Victor? If I can have a word?" The ghost asked moments after the other two left. Cyborg tensed at hearing his civilian name, not having heard it for years.

   "How do you know my name? Who are you?" Cyborg asked, finally voicing a question he had been wondering for quite awhile. This elicited a chuckle from the ghost.

   "I am Clockwork, the ghost of time." Clockwork, as Cyborg now knew, answered. Cyborg couldn't help but snort at his response. He had never been very religious, but the appearance of Danny, and being thrown into a freaking Ghost Zone had made him question that. However, he was still a bit skeptical. "I assume you have questions?"

   "Yeah." Cyborg started, unable to pass up the chance to have all of his questions answered. "Is this it? I mean, what about heaven? Hell?" He asked, deciding to get the heavy topic out of the way.

   "I expected as much." Clockwork said. "No, this isn't 'it.' The Ghost Zone is merely a portion of the afterlife, or so human beings refer to it as. You see, whenever a thought is put towards a religion, it releases energy. This energy is then used to create a new afterlife according to that belief. Though, when houses of worship are built, that portion of the afterlife remains permanent. So, yes. Both heaven and hell exist, they are just not the sole planes of the afterlife." Clockwork explained. Cyborg nodded, taking in the new information. After a few moments of silence, the cloaked ghost spoke again. "Now, before Daniel and Wulf return." He started. Now his hood had moved back slightly revealing a pair of golden eyes, seriousness practically glowing in them. "You would do well to remember that there is more than one side to a person, and people keep things hidden for a reason. Remember to keep a cool head when they reveal said secrets." Just as he finished speaking, Danny and the oversized wolf began walking back towards the two of them.

   "Wulf is opening a portal for us." Danny told Cyborg, still not meeting his eyes. Though this still confused Cyborg, he decided to figure that out later. Presently, he just wanted back at Titans Tower, attempting to decode what Clockwork had just told him. And, based on the slash the large wolf made in the sky, that wish was just about to be granted. "Let's go." Danny said quietly once a familiar mass of green appeared where the wolf's claw had been. Cyborg stepped in after the younger teen, practically reeling from the newfound information. One thing was for sure; he and Robin defiantly had a lot to talk about.

A/n: Firstly, thank you guys so much for the 3k!!!!!
Also, did I write Clockwork properly? I'm not entirely sure...