Prologue (1/2)

|©Reandayo - 31 December, 2017|

"Heeyyyyy!"

I look at the sparkling guy as he ran to me and tapped my shoulder.

I plucked off my right headset that still playing a korean song, MIC Drop by BTS.

"Kai," I nod my head, "Good morning."

"Morning to you too, Sa-chan! Looking pretty as always, eh? As expected of the campus queen." He grinned.

"It's just confusing why you don't get yourself a boyfriend already."

"I have no-"

"No interest in love, focusing yourself in your studies, blah blah blah." He blabbered. "The same old boring excuse."

I shrug lazily in response.

"It's just that I don't see any point in having a boyfriend if we will break up anyway." I replied, still humming the tune of the song in my head.

'I've been longing for you.. Kai.'

"And also, I don't want to end up like a certain someone." I looked at him.

'I don't want to be like you, who will date everyone you see and ended up hurting or getting hurt'

"Hey, it's not my fault okay? Those girls were such a snobby and cocky little bitch."

"Then why the hell did you date them?"

'Why don't you see the person in front of you?'

"I thought they would be different.."

I sighed, as if not knowing what to do with him and fighting off my slightly hurt heart, "You and your poor judgement of girls."

"Hey, It's just that they're such a two-faced bitch."

"I don't care. Hurry up and date properly already. I'm starting to worry about your love life."

'...and mine too.'

"Talk to yourself, you always use study excuse, and yet you never really study. I know you're smart, but at least think of a better excuse rather than listening to music everyday."

"What are you listening to anyway?" He immediately stole my headset and plug it to his ear.

The moment of our closeness makes my cheeks heated up and I feel my heart beat fast.

After a minute of listening, he look at me with glittering eyes and grinned, "Holy shit, this song is sick! I understand none of the language but it's addicting."

I rolled my eyes, but secretly smiled at him, "You have heard nothing. I got plenty of their songs."

"But that doesn't mean you can listen to it everytime. Live a life, Sa-chan."

"K-POP is my life."

"Keep thinking like that, and you'll die a lonely life." He looked at me in worried, "You're a genius composser anyway, why don't you show off that skill and become someone famous."

My eyes bore to him, "Shut up, you womanizer."

'I have a reason to that..'

This guy that walked shoulder to shoulder with me is my bestfriend.

'...and crush'

Although, sometimes he's my rival in terms of sports, and chess. We sometimes ended up in draw, but if I'm lucky enough I sometimes won, and sometimes, he won too.

But in terms of love, I always think he's the expert. He always change his girlfriend, like, every week.

Wait— thinking about it, I take that back.

I doubt he have feelings toward the opposite gender.

'And somehow I feel hopeless and uncomfortable at that——'

Goddamit! What's wrong with you, head of protagonist's love department!?

'I'm just reminding her that she's in love with her own bestfriend but is in a denial phase'

I fastened my pace in annoyance and embarassment of my own head's words as we crossed the street. He laugh as he catch up to me but soon stopped as he shouts,

"WATCH OUT!"