Chapter Seventeen

(A/N This chapter's dedicated to Chennelle for managing to make me cry so hard the neighbour's heard with her story The Rent Boy. Definitely worth a read, one of my favourites ~MacBeka)

"You know, you should really lock your front door," Jay said as we got into his car. 

"There's absolutely nothing of value," I told him, doing my seatbelt up and holding my bag in my lap. 

"There's you," he pointed out seriously, making me blush again.

"Just drive me to college, idiot," I grumbled.

He laughed and started the engine, pulling out and driving off quickly. It only took a few minutes before he was pulling up outside the college. I got out and was confused when he got out too. He walked round to me. I looked up at him, about to ask him what was wrong when all of a sudden I was pushed against the car and his tongue was in my mouth. 

I moaned slightly, dropping my bag to the ground to wrap my arms around his neck and bury my fingers in his hair. I let go of the worries holding me back and hesitated before slowly sliding my tongue into his mouth. He tightened his grip on my hips, telling me he liked it. Eventually I pulled away, panting. I slowly opened my eyes, only to see him staring at me. I blushed and busied myself with sorting out his tie.

Eventually it was remotely tie-like and I peeked up at him, seeing his smile. I blushed happily and used my hold on the tie to pull him down to kiss him briefly. He chuckled quietly and stepped back, leaving me, hot and bothered, against the car. 

He picked up my bag and pulled me forward, putting it on my back. 

"Now," he started, grinning, "go learn something interesting for me."

I nodded slightly, still blushing. I took a deep breath, hoping my erection wasn't too obvious. He glanced down at it and smirked. 

"We'll sort that out later," he chuckled. "Now, college, go."

I smiled slightly up at him before dashing off to sign in before heading to my class. When I walked in, Sam was already there and practically everybody stopped talking to stare at me. So they saw me with Jay outside... I blushed even more and hurried to take my seat, thankfully on the other side of the room to Sam. Although I doubted I'd be able to avoid him for three hours. 

I was amazed by how well I could work, I was concentrating better than I had in a long time, and because everyone was staring at me and talking about me, no one was talking to me so I just got on with the work. 

When class was over, I didn't bother messing about like everyone else; I grabbed my stuff, shoved it into my bag and left. The sooner college was over, the better. And the sooner I could see Jay again...

I was heading to the library for the short break between class and lecture when I heard the voice I really didn't want to here. 

"Kaidan!" Sam shouted, trying to get my attention. 

I kept my head down and walked quicker, getting into the library. I went over and sat at the table in the corner, trying to get there before he came in. I jumped when I felt his hand touch my shoulder. I pulled away from him like he'd electrocuted me and I noted the hurt look on his face as I did.

"What do you want, Sam?" I asked, trying to keep my voice level.

"I wanted to apologise for last night. I didn't mean it like that, I was just-"

"That hurt when you said that. If you're not going to accept me for who I am, we can't be friends," I said firmly, even surprising myself. 

He nodded quickly. "I understand that! And I really am sorry, it just surprised me. Why didn't you ever say?"

I looked at him like it should be obvious.

"Because you were always making homophobic remarks with the guys - your friends, not mine by the way," I told him. 

"Oh, I guess that's... I understand that... I just wanted to fit in with them but... My sister's gay, and her girlfriend is amazing. I'm really sorry, Kaidan..."

I looked at him for a few moments but he seemed genuine so I nodded and held my arms out for a guy hug. He didn't even hesitate before throwing his arms around me and squeezing me tight. It was over quickly. 

"So... The guy from last night then...?" he asked, grinning slightly. 

I couldn't help but roll my eyes as we went and sat at the table I'd been headed for.