Chapter Fifty-One

Trin waved her over as she stepped into the café.

Scott Masters was sitting at the same booth directly across from Trin, they seemed to be getting along very well and Becky hoped something good might come of it. She noticed Drew sitting with Lizzy and she couldn't help wondering how many head jobs Lizzy had given him since Scott's party.

The guys couldn't stop talking about the game and how wonderful they all were. Scott interrupted the rabble by standing on the seat and hitting his empty coke can with a fork. "Oi! Who wants to head down to the gardens for a game of footy?"

The café erupted with cheers. Scott jumped to the floor and held his hand out to Trin as he yelled, "Come on then!"

As they walked out of the café Rob put his arm around Becky's shoulders and with a grin said, "So where's Linc tonight?"

"He's sleeping over at Carl's." She tapped his chin and added, "Because of you they've ended up being best buddies."

"Where is he?" Trin asked as she gripped the back of Becky's t-shirt to pull her to a stop.

"Carl's," Becky said as she turned to face Trin. "You know that kid who used to tease him. Remember that mob I had to tell off for bullying him. Carl's the chubby redhead."

"Ah... yeah, that's right. That little bitch Belinda Coats is so scared of you now." Trin laughed and added, "I haven't seen her carrying on like she used to since you threatened to bash her."

Becky laughed with her and said, "I was probably a bit harsh but I couldn't have them do that to Linc."

"I saw you telling off a girl when I first started," Rob said with a puzzled expression on his face. "Was that her?"

"Yeah. Probably. She's the only one I've ever threatened when she was on her own."

"What did she do?" he asked.

"They pushed Linc over, and then rubbed his sandwich in the dirt." A sad look washed over Becky's face as she said, "Belinda Coats shoved it into his mouth and made him eat it while the others held him down. I was so angry." She shook her head and added, "Linc cried all night over that."

Becky started walking again but Rob stopped her, spun her to face him. He cupped her face and planted a kiss on her lips.

When he pulled away, Becky gave him a puzzled look and with a laugh said, "What was that for?"

"Cause you're amazing and I have to apologise to you." Rob sighed and said, "When I saw you telling off that girl I thought you were the bully. A total bitch. It just goes to show you should never judge anyone until you know the full story." He leaned in and kissed her again.

"Ah... come on man." Scott gave Rob a push. "Stop sucking up to her to try and win brownie points."

Rob laughed and jerked his head at Scott and Trin. "How about you do some sucking up of your own. Maybe you'll get some brownie points."

"Righto." Scott shrugged, he grinned, grabbed hold of Trin's hand, and made her stand in front of him. "So how's it done? Grab the girl's face and plant a kiss." As he spoke he took hold of Trin's face like Rob had done to Becky and kissed her.

Trin tried not to laugh and as Scott pulled his lips away, he beamed at her as he said, "It'd really help me out if you stopped laughing."

She gave him a shove. "I'll teach you how to kiss me when Rob takes us all in his car and parks at the gardens in the dark."

"Fuck that." Scott moved off and tugged her behind him. "He can park beside us but I am not sitting in the same car as that pair and listening to them suck face." He gave her another yank because she had pulled back. "Come on. We've got some catching up to do since we're gonna be a better couple than they are."

"Is that right?" Trin cocked her eyebrows.

"Yep," Scott said with a grin.

"And who says?" Trin chortled.

"I did." Scott jerked her towards him and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Will you be my girl, Katrina Walsh?"

Trin giggled and put her arms around his neck. "Oh... okay. Since everyone else is doing it."

"Really?" Scott stood and stared at her in amazement.

"Yes. Really."

Scott gave her a quick kiss, looked over her shoulder at Rob and Becky, and then fist punched the air hollering, "I am a love, God!" He let go of Trin and danced around her like an Indian Warrior making a war cry. "I am a fucking love, God! Did you see that?" He cupped his mouth and cried out. "Everyone! Katrina Walsh is my girlfriend!"

Rob shook his head laughing and looked down at Becky. "They are a perfect match." He touched her face again. "But not as perfect as us."

She put her arms around his neck and stood on tiptoes to kiss him. Rob scooped her up and slung her over his shoulder and called, "Let's go everyone!"

"We're heading to the gardens," Scott yelled to the rest of the group. "Meet us near the mono rail." He wrapped his arm around Trin, smiled and said, "Come on girlfriend."

"Just so you know." She tapped him on the chest. "No hands below my waist."

"Got it." Scott pinched her on the bum.

She jerked forward. "I mean it, Scott, or we're done."

He laughed. "I got it. Seriously." He lifted both hands in the air and said again, "I've got it. Honest."

Becky straightened up so she could look down at Rob's face as he carried her. "Let me down, idiot." He let her go but grabbed her quickly again. Becky squealed as she jolted in his grasp. She wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. "If you drop me I am going to hit you."

"I promise I won't drop you." He kissed her on the nose and said, "You look beautiful tonight."

"Thank you." She tweaked his cheek and asked, "Do your parents know about us?"

"Only that we're friends." He cocked his head, and then said, "Can I tell them?"

"You don't want to wait a bit."

"Why? Ah... don't tell me." Rob chuckled. "You're worrying about the future again."

"Your dad's a policeman."

"Yeah. He is." Rob grinned. "Do you think policemen don't let their sons have girlfriends?"

"Maybe he'd prefer you to have one from the right side of the tracks."

"Maybe you're talking shit again." Rob laughed, set her down at the passenger side door and flipped her lip as he added, "My girlfriend. The shit talker." Before she could answer, he put his mouth on hers. 

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

Wow, guys.  You make me so happy. 

Thank you all for reading Black Cat, commenting and voting.  ♥♥♥