Chapter 16

I awoke to the sound of a Hoover in action in the room next-door. I was too tired to open my eyes, I was comfortable and warm. My body was cocooned in my duvet, I sighed contently. I snuggled closer to the warmth and then a loud groan sounded in my ear. I froze in shock and my eyes snapped open, Hamilton was lying beside me with his arms wrapped around my waist. He looked peaceful and his face was devoid of anger. His head was buried in my hair and his delectable six pack was within view. I started having flashbacks of last night and of what I had done with Hamilton. I groaned at my stupidity.

He groaned again and pulled me closer, his arms were like a boa constrictor tightening around me. I knew that I had to get out of there before he woke up to save myself from embarrassment. I lifted one of his arms slowly and tried to slip from his hold. Eventually after countless tries I finally escaped. I stretched as I looked around the room. It was a mess, paper work was strewn across the room, coffee was spilt on his mahogany table and our clothes were scattered about the office. Escaping from Hamilton was only half of it; I now had to locate my clothes. Gregor was asleep in the right hand corner of the room.

I wandered around and had gathered half of my clothes, I was missing a bra but I would just have to make do. I found my phone and checked it. Surprise surprise it was out of battery which is just my luck. I stuffed it into my purse and scooped up Gregor into my arms. As I was leaving I glanced behind, Hamilton was still sprawled out on the couch, he had taken over my previous spot beside him and one of his hands was entwined in his hair. I then noticed the nail marks on his back and I blushed at what had occurred last night. We were like animals and there were no words to describe just how good he was. It wasn’t just a myth. We had sex at least four of five times last night. I passed out from exhaustion after a while. His lips pouted a little in his sleep and I sighed. He was an amazing kisser my lips were still bruised.  I was sore in places I didn’t even know existed after him.

I was embarrassed but I exited his office in my dishevelled clothing and did the walk of shame past the cleaners and to the lift. I had to wait a good five minutes for the lift to come and they were the longest minutes of my life.

As I walked through the streets of Paris I felt so paranoid. I for some reason believed that everyone in Paris knew what I was up to last night. I know that it was not possible; I just hopped that my picture wouldn’t appear along with Hamilton’s in the newspapers and magazines. That would just make my day worse. I could see the headlines now ‘Cliché Hook Up’ or ‘English Slut Sleeps with C.E.O’

I arrived home soon after my almost panic attack in the park when I thought I saw me with Hamilton on the front cover of some magazine, turns out that it was just a picture from an old issue. It was of us when Hamilton first arrived at a business shoot. It was such a relief when I found that out and of course I apologised to the girl for almost ripping the magazine from her hand in shock.

The second I entered the apartment Gregor wiggled out of my arms and to the floor, he galloped towards his food and gobbled it up. I admired how cute he was for a second or two before I rushed into the kitchen and placed my phone on my charger.

When it turned on I saw I had nine missed calls from Cassio. My mouth dropped and my eyes widened. I mentally slapped myself across the face; I can’t believe that I had forgotten about Cassio. I dropped my head into the palms of my hands and groaned. What had I done? How was I going to explain this to Cassio?

I decided that the best option for the moment was to ignore his calls. I made myself some coffee and relaxed on the couch, my phone cradled between my ear and shoulder. I dialled Callie’s number and waited for her to answer.

She finally picked up after a couple of rings. I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard her voice.

“Ello Ello Ello!” she said into the phone with a fake English accent. “Callie I made a huge mistake” I said exasperatedly. Gregor whined across the room at the distress in my voice. “What happened?” All playfulness disappeared she was genuinely concerned. “I...ugh...might have ehh...slept-with-Hamilton” I mumbled the last bit but she figured it out. “What! Talia how could you” I groaned and covered my eyes with my hand and leaned back in the chair. If Callie disapproved then what I did must have been a dreadful. “-how could you sleep with him and not tell me earlier!” She accused angrily. “What!” I exclaimed. “You slept with him, what...last night? And you couldn’t even send me a text or something. Jeez you know me and Pierre have a bet going on. I could have been 100 euro richer today” she huffed down the phone at me.