Knight in Gale

The night went on as the company talked around the fire. Balasie talked about the war of Hell-rot and his adventures in his long life. Elwood was included in some of the stories.

"We better get some rest now, all this talk has made me tired." Balasie yawned.

"I agree." Alura yawned also.

Elle and Elwood agreed and they stood, but something rustling in the grass, far from camp caught Elle's attention. She looked out but was blind in the dark of the night. She looked around to see the others didn't notice. Only her Elf senses could pick it up. She tried to see what was making the sounds but she couldn't make anything out.

A cloud covered the only light from the moon. Without telling the others, who were getting ready to sleep, she walked off towards the noise. Not even the firelight gave light to Elle away in the fields. Staying low she clutched her swords hilt and creeped through the grass.

"Ouch." Someone whispered and Elle heard them falling over.

"What the heck?" Elle said to herself stopping in her tracks.

"Hello?" The squeaky voice said starting to sound familiar.

"Who goes there?" Elle asked into the darkness trying to sound as tough as she could and pulled out her sword loudly but not loud enough for the others to hear.

"Is that.. Elle Moonscar?" The voice asked.

Elle's jaw dropped at the thought they knew her name, "Yeah.. who are you?" she asked still not seeing who it was, her eyes hadn't adjusted to the dark.

"Found it! maybe this will help." The voice said and a torch light appeared in front of Elle revealing the face behind the voice. Young Gale with a sweet round face came into view under the flame. She wore a brown dress with long sleeves and carried a bag around her shoulders.

"Gale?!" Elle said unclenching her sword. "What on earth are you doing hear?"

"I sort of ran away and followed you guys." Gale looked down at the ground digging her leather shoes into the soil.

"Thats crazy, why would you do that?" Elle asked raising her voice.

"Um.." Gale lost her thoughts.

"Wait, how did you know where we were going?"

Gale gritted her teeth awkwardly "I spied on you and listened in to your talks about leaving."

Elwood noticed the slight commotion, "Elle who are you talking to-" Elwood paused. He was surprised to see Gale standing there. "The kings daughter is here?"

"I have a name." Gale said crossing her arms. "I was sick of living in that royal prison."

"Theres got to be more to it than that." Elle said.

"Just show me some hostility and please let me stay with you guys." Gale said sweetly.

"For tonight you can but I think you should head home after that." Elle said looking over to Elwood who didn't look to pleased.

Gale stood just in line with Elle's shoulders in height. As she walked to the camp Balasie and Alura finally saw their guest.

"Gale, this is no place for the kings daughter." Balasie said with a smile.

"So you don't mind me here?" Gale asked.

"Of course not." The wizard replied with open arms.

"I'm guessing you ran away," Alura said rubbing her eyes, just about to go to sleep. "I could tell you didn't like that place."