Jon Snow - "Just close your eyes and make a wish"

"Can I look already?" Your hands were covering your eyes and you shifted your weight from one leg to the other. You loved surprises, but once you knew that there was a surprise waiting for you, you started to get impatient.

"Just a few more seconds." Jon spoke softly and he pressed a gentle kiss on your cheek. "I'm almost done." He walked away from you again and after a few seconds, just like he had promised, you felt his chest pressing against your back. "You can now open your eyes." He curled his fingers around your wrists and carefully he pulled your hands down.

A smile spread across your face as soon as you saw the small cake in front of you. The small cake was completely covered in whipped cream and on top of it stood a small, but lonely burning candle.

"I would have put a ring on it too, but you already have the one that matters." Jon tightened his grip on you and once again his lips kissed your cheek. "Happy birthday, love." He spoke softly and your hands were trembling a little while you lifted the small little cake up, weighing it in the palms of your hands.

Years ago you had made him a small cake just like this. You had noticed how everyone had forgotten Jon's birthday. Ned had been away and Sansa and Catelyn had made sure to keep everyone else that busy that all the days had started to blur and they had not noticed what date it had been.

But you had. You had known that it was Jon's birthday. And you had known that if you wouldn't do anything, he would really think that no one cared about him. So you had sneaked into the kitchen, even though your mother had told you countless times that you couldn't do so, and you had stolen what little you had found. You had stolen a small cake that you hoped no one would miss. You had stolen some whipped cream. And you had stolen a small candle that wouldn't be of much use anymore.

Now you were thinking back of it, it must have looked and been slightly silly. And as if that little cake with the bits of whipped cream and the lonely stolen candle had not been bad enough already, you had also made a ring from dandelions. Somehow you had been convinced that one day you and Jon would get married. You had told him that you knew that he was a bastard, but you had assured him that he was your bastard. And, when you had kissed his cheek and had told him that one day you would be his wife, you had actually been more right than you had probably dared to hope.

"You remembered." You turned around and you placed a hand on his chest while you wrapped the other around his neck.

"Of course I do." Jon tucked a strand of hair behind your ear while the smile on his face brightened slowly. "How can I ever forget the only person who remembered my birthday?" His nose brushed yours and then you felt his lips kissing you tenderly. "You should blow the candle." He pulled back and forced your to turn around. "Just close your eyes and make a wish."

You simply shrugged your shoulders. "I have nothing to wish for anymore. I have everything I've always wanted."