The Ball

"Ron? Ron?" Ginny yelled. "Come in here!"

Ron immediately walked in, "What...? What is i- bloody hell!"

Grace turned around and smiled, "Your mum sent it to me!"

It was a long sparkly purple dress, it was strapless it had a ribbon wrapped around the waist. It came with some matching purple heels. Grace's hair was curled and very properly draped on her shoulders.

"Did she send that to you too?" Ron pointed to Grace's chest.

"Ron?!" Ginny yelled at him.

"It's okay, Ginny," Grace said slapping Ron in the face.

Ron frowned and stroked his red cheek, Harry walked in to the room.

"Doesn't she look stunning?" Ginny asked.

"I don't know how to answer that," Harry said looking at his sister.

"How do I look?" Percy came out with a very old looking tuxedo on.

"Like an old fart," Ron said, Percy glared at Ron and looked at Grace, they were eye level now that Grace has heels on.

Grace gracefully walked over to Percy (See what I did there haha), "Ron you've got it all wrong," Grace rubbed her hand up Percy's chest and grabbed his bowtie. "Old farts know how to put ties on right."

"I had it on right," Percy said annoyed.

"No you didn't," Grace said equally annoyed, Percy tried to move out of her way of her trying to put the bowtie on, "Would you stop moving?" Grace laughed, she finally got it on right.

"There now will you stop nagging me?" Percy asked, Grace smiled. "That dress is way to revealing."

"Oh really?" Grace asked challenging him. "Well, it was your mums, so try imagining that."

Percy, Ron and Ginny all shuddered, "I tried and I'm broken," Ron said dramatically.

"Oh this dumb ribbon keeps coming undone," Grace said, "Mind tying it?"

"I don't mind at all!" Ron said, Harry pulled him back and elbowed him.

"I was talking to Percy," Grace said laughing.

Percy, who was looking at the ground started blushing, "Yeah, sure I'll tie it."

He got behind Grace and started tying the ribbon, "Grace!" Oliver yelled.

Percy backed up to see Oliver walk over to Grace and peck her cheek.

"You look gorgeous." Oliver smiled.

"Thanks," Grace smiled, "Percy was just helping me tie my ribbon."

"Thanks Perce," Oliver said, "I've got it from here." 

Oliver tied Graces ribbon, and the group decided to leave to go get Penny.

The ball was slow at first but once they played more familiar songs the kids started dancing. Grace, Percy, Penny, and Oliver were all dancing together then when a slow song came on Percy and Penny paired up and Grace and Oliver paired up. Penny was laying her head on Percy's shoulder with her eyes closed and Grace had her head on Oliver's but she couldn't close her eyes. Every time Percy and Penny passed Oliver and Grace, Grace and Percy would make eye contact, they both would end up blushing. After the song was over they sat down, Percy and Grace we're stubborn and didn't want to dance after that.

"Why don't you two want to dance?" Oliver asked.

"Just tired..." Grace said, obviously an excuse.

"C'mon Grace... you're never tired," Penny said, "...Percy, when you asked me to the ball... I thought we would actually dance."

Penny and Oliver walked off to the dance floor together, soon another slow dance came on and Percy and Grace couldn't help but notice that the two we're having a better time making out then dancing. Grace wasn't upset at first, but then after two minutes of watching her best friend and her new ex make out she wasn't in the mood to stay.

"Wait... Grace," Percy got up with her, Percy turned around and saw his new ex and dorm mate snogging and decided to join Grace's boat.

"Grace?" Percy walked after Grace. When he finally made it up to Gryffindor tower, she was sitting in the windowsill. "Lumos."

His wand lit up and Grace turned around to reveal her mascara running, she turned back looking at the stars.

"Turn it off, Percy," Grace said.

Percy did as she wished and walked over and sat next to her, they sat in silence for a minute.

"Ya know I really shouldn't care..." Grace said.

"I think you should... I mean I care, and I'm upset," Percy said.

Grace looked at Percy, "Don't the stars look beautiful," She gazed at the stars.

"Yeah..." Percy said, he grabbed Grace's hand, Grace looked at their now intertwined hands and then at Percy.

"Your brothers are wrong about you... they say your Percy the prefect who needs to be perfect is a pompous prat and a know-it-all..." Percy tensed up, "But I think you're a sweet, intelligent boy who's trying to live up to his last name... you're Percy the prefect who is perfect."

Percy loosened up and scooted closer to Grace, "You know Grace... in this entire school you're the most magical thing in it."

Grace looked up at Percy and pulled him down by his neck into a kiss. Percy was taken back by the gesture at first but soon found himself with his arm around her waist, and the other hand on her cheek. They made out for a good 20 seconds, before they needed to break for air.

"They were right..." Grace started giggling.

"The whole time," Percy agreed.