Part 2 - Chapter 15 - If That's What It Takes

Third Person's POV

"I can't do this, Sammy." Luke whispered under his breathe, almost inaudible but Sam heard it and pulled away and bit down on his lip, looking into the eyes of Luke.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to push you into doing any thing." Sam said softly, his eyes still locked on Luke's eyes. Luke looked away and and shook his head slowly.

"It isn't your fault. I just... I am doing exactly what Eryk though I was doing. And I am being exactly what he said I was." Luke said in a hushed tone, his eyes meeting Sam's.

"What do you mean, Luke?" Sam asked, unsure as to what Luke was bringing up.

"I am technically cheating and being a slut. Being a huge whore. Exactly what he said I was. I am being." He answered in a very low voice. Sam looked at him in disbelief and he began to sigh somewhat dramatic like.

"I don't think you should be worried that you are doing something like that because he is doing much worse than what I pushed you to do." Sam bluntly said, keeping a straight, serious, and confident expression on his face. He was self assured that Luke was not doing what Eryk said he was doing and he definitely knew that Luke wasn't a slut nor a whore, or any other things Eryk may have said to him.

"He's... He is still my mate and I shouldn't be kissing another guy. So he is right... he was right when he said that I was a slut and a whore." Luke said, trying to get his point across even though it was a simple minded point.

"Luke, can't you see that what he said to you was wrong? You are far from a slut, a whore, a cheater. You are far from that!" Sam said at a loss for words. He was in disbelief that Luke would even have the thought of that going around in his little brain. Luke chuckled unknowingly and looked up at Sam with teary eyes.

"You know... All the things that has been happening with me. I deserve all of it." Luke said without any reserve of what he said.

"What do you mean, Luke?" Sam asked, instant confusion and concern running in his mind.

"I have been thinking. Why would this happen to me. Over and over. Time after time." Luke stated and continued to speak, shutting Sam up just as he was about to say something. "And I figured it out. I was meant to be unwanted. Unloved. I was meant to be alone. Don't you agree?" Luke asked and Sam was speechless. He had no words and Luke decided to continue speaking, clearing his throat from the dryness that formed. "I had my first mate. Someone who hated me. Truly hated me. He acted kind of sweet at first. Then took one of my pups, then banished me from the pack."

"He banished you? I did not know Michael banished you." Sam said in doubt, truly shocked about what was coming out of Luke's mouth.

"Yeah. He did. Then I met this guy, it's been so long. I forgot his name. He seemed sweet at first but just used me when he found out I was a white wolf. His evil, no good mother had me in a room where I was raped. Then there's Nelson. Amazing guy. Nothing he hesitated to do for me. But then something just switched again, he started to hurt me. He then cheated on me with the one and only Michael." Luke explained. "Again, I was heart broken. I was torn to pieces by what I caught them doing. Then he had the audacity to lie about it countless times. But like everything else, I got over it. For the sake of my kids. I had to be strong for them. If I was not strong, then who would lead them to the right path, huh?" He added.

"I never knew any of this had happened to you, Luka." Sam said, using a newly said nickname for Luke.

Luke nodded and sighed before he resumed speaking, spilling what in his heart and mind. "Then there's the one I truly loved. I still love and would never know in a million years that he would do such a thing. Sure he was under some spell and I... and I get that but it still counts as cheating, does it not?" Luke asked and Sam nodded, not wanting to interrupt Luke whilst he spoke. "Then he blamed me for doing it. When I would have never thought of doing it. T-Then the one person he kind of cheated on me with while under the spell or whatever, he got pregnant. Kiing is pregnant." He whispered the last part and shook it off before continuing to speak again. "I bet if I did not figure out that he was carrying, no one would have told me. I bet if I never caught them kissing and discussing that Eryk didn't want me anymore, I would have never known. I bet everything I have on that." He added and remained silent for a minute or two.