22

Adora

I rolled over and took the covers with me, refusing to open my eyes.

Sleep. It's all I wanted, just sleep. Was that too much to ask?

I peeled my eyes open and blinked a few times to try and adjust my eyes to the minimal light pouring in through my windows.

I never got mad at the cloudiness of Seattle.

My eyes lit up as soon as I realized it was my day off. Not that I disliked working, because I loved the boys. With that being said, I needed a day off.

I needed a day to relax. To invest in myself.

I needed to get my mind off of the one thing it'd been on since it happened. I refused to even think about describing it.

I rolled out of bed and rubbed my hands down my face, walking into my bathroom. I brushed my teeth and turned on the shower, stripping out of my pajamas before stepping inside.

I stood under the water beating down on me for a minute or so and then went on with my business, but it was on my mind.

Why was it on my mind?

Why was he on my mind?

I decided to make it my goal to forget about it today, try and erase it from my memory.

I stepped out of the shower and slipped on my robe, tying my hair up into a towel. I stood in front of the mirror and noticed the tiny water droplets running down my body.

Santiago King.

"Oh, my God," I muttered, out loud, leaning my head back. Why was he so hard to forget about?

I pulled my hair out of the towel after a few minutes and combed it out, leaving it to air dry. Since I had absolutely nothing to do today, there was no need in styling my hair.

I slipped on some comfortable clothes and threw my towel in my hamper, walking out of my room. I cocked an eyebrow up at the sight before me, which was Zayn and Landon cooking. Brenna was sitting at the island, reading a recipe off to them.

I smiled and walked in the kitchen, earning a warm smile from Zayn. "Morning, Adds."

"Good morning, babes!" Brenna greeted, throwing an arm around my neck.

"Look what the cat dragged in," Landon sarcastically commented, nudging Zayn's elbow.

"That cat being Brenna?" I teased, and Brenna rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Hey, Zee," I greeted, sliding a hand across his back as I walked to the fridge, "what's for breakfast?"

"Well, we were trying to cook eggs Benedict," Lan muttered, "but it didn't work."

"I didn't even know what eggs Benedict was," Zayn whispered, earning a slap to his bicep from Landon.

"You're british!" Landon exclaimed, and Zayn just shrugged, smiling.

I giggled and shook my head. "There's always something new cooking in this place."

Brenna's eyebrows shot up with a smile.