Chapter 1

^ Picture of Hudson  

HUDSON (COMMENT FTR, TIME, & BATTERY SO I SEE YOU)

"Alpha, I have the paperwork on the new transfers. Do you want me to file them?" 

I cracked my knuckles tiredly and stretched my legs, listening to my wolf whine. He wanted to go for a run.

"Go for it." I sighed, pinching the area between my eyebrows. My Beta raised an eyebrow at my ragged appearance. There was no doubt that I looked like I aged twenty years. I needed a break. Badly.

Suddenly, the door slammed open again as my Gamma pranced in as if he owned my office. I growled at him quietly and he rolled his eyes, jumping onto the couch excitedly.  

"So I hear we're going to the Burlington Pack?" Boston rushed out, squeezing one of the cushions excitedly.

Matthew shared a look with me and went back to the filing cabinet. We both knew he was more excited about potentially finding his mate than discussing rogues.

"We are," I said slowly, straightening in my seat.

He smirked. "I heard that the Alpha's daughter is hot. Like really hot."

"I heard that she's a spoiled brat." Matthew chimed in, slamming the file cabinet shut.

My wolf growled in my head, but I ignored him. He was getting on my nerves with all the growling he was doing. 

"It doesn't matter what she is. We are there for business purposes only." I said firmly, emphasizing the word 'business'.

"Hey, don't growl at me. Devin's getting excited downstairs about banging her." Boston muttered, giving me the innocent look.

My wolf growled louder and I huffed. "Look, my wolf is getting really annoyed. The last thing we need is for Alpha Horris to cut off our agreement because some dimwitt couldn't keep it in his pants."

The two of them raised their hands in defense.

"Hudson, we're all virgins out here, except for Devin of course. You know that. We only want our mates." Matthew said pointedly.

Boston nodded in agreement. "We're as virgin as Virgin Mary."

My wolf growled even louder, giving me a pounding headache. 

I glared at him, trying to keep control of my anger. "And you'll be a Bloody Mary if you don't  leave my damn office now!"

Instead of pissing his pants and running like a normal wolf, he chuckled and shook his head, "You need to get laid."

I grabbed my stapler and threw it at him, making him dive for cover. The stapler landed on the rug with a soft thud and Boston got up. "Yeesh, no chill Hudson."

My wolf rumbled and he rolled his eyes. "Piss off Hudson, maybe you'll be in a better mood tomorrow."

I stood up from my chair, growling at his disrespect. Best friend or not, I demanded respect from all wolves.

Once Boston skipped out of the room, I sighed and slumped back into my chair. 

I needed to get this meeting out of the way and fast before I started murdering innocent people.

"Son?" 

My head popped up and a warm smile formed on my face. "Hey dad."

He stepped inside his old office and looked around with approval. When his eyes landed on me again, he beamed and walked towards where I was seated.