Chapter 16

"Come on doll." He says in a low voice with a loving look in his eyes. "Let's head home. I'm dying to see it and we've got a lot to talk about."

"That sounds like the perfect idea." You smile softly up at him and snuggle into his side.

Isla seems extremely happy in his arms so you leave her be while Luke sticks close to his side. You grab his bag for him in your free hand.

"Hey Steve, we're going to head off now." Bucky calls over to Steve.

"Good idea, I think we will look at doing that soon too." Steve waves back.

"See you later then." Bucky replies and tips his hat at him.

He lives just down the road from you guys so no doubt you'll probably see him very soon.

"Bye Steve it was so good to see you!" You shout out to him.

"Bye now (Y/N)." He smiles.

"We?" You murmur to Bucky as you start to walk off.

"Steve managed to find a girl in Peggy Carter." Bucky smirks. "She's come back to America to live with him."

"Oh that's great for him!" You exclaim. "She seems lovely.

"She's perfect for him." Bucky nods and leans down to press a kiss to your forehead.

You sigh contently and lean into his side. By now you are out if the way of the train station and walking peacefully down the street.

Finally. This is all you have wanted since the day you found out you were pregnant with Isla. For the four of you to be able to be together happily.

Luke runs off ahead and you keep a close eye on him. But when he comes up to a place where he has to go across a street, you nervously break away from Bucky and go to catch up to him.

"Luke! Come back here with us please." You say as you grab his hand.

When you turn back around to face Bucky who is now walking towards you you can't help but notice that he seems to be limping on his left side, or at least walking with some kind of swagger.

"You're limping." You state.

"What? Oh, it's nothing." He shrugs.

"Are you okay? I thought you were better?" You frown.

"No I'm fine, just a little stiff is all." He brushes it off.

"Okay." You say unsurely as he wraps his arm over your shoulder again and you carry on walking.

You're hardly even in the door when Luke is on your case.

"Can we go do something please?" He wines.

You see Bucky flick you a look as if to say 'no I really need to talk to you'. And frankly you want to talk to him too.

"Luke maybe tomorrow, dad's probably really tired and needs to rest after his long journey sorry sweetie." You sigh.

"Aw but I really want to hang out with him!" Luke pouts. "I haven't seen him in like three years!"

"Sorry son, I promise we will do something together tomorrow but today I just need time to unpack and talk to your mother." Bucky huffs and rests a hand on his shoulder.

Luke just pouts even harder and does puppy dog eyes.

"I'll let you pick what we do?" Bucky tries to reason.

"Okay!" Luke beams suddenly perking up.

"Thank you Luke. Now go ahead and do your homework. Bucky will come see you soon." You day softly to him and usher him inside, in a rush to get to talk to Bucky alone.